Katherine and Emily shared a look, the darker skinned woman motioning towards me with a sympathetic glance. I know Katherine is keeping something from me about our abrupt new placement, and I know she's told Emily.

"It's called the Salvatore boarding house. They've offered us a spot to stay for just a little while. We shall have our own privacy within these walls, unlike the last place we occupied." My older sister answered, trying to lighten my mood.

I hate having to move around so much. The next place after the next just seems to bring danger everywhere we go. Sister has made the promise that each place would be different, and it would feel like home. Nothing feels like home anymore. Not since my home was stricken from my bare hands.

My eyes perked as the grass path turned into gravel, a huge mansion like house coming into view. Four white columns held up the shadowing roof at the front, many windows displaying on the wall behind. It was like a miniature palace.

"Astonishing, isn't it?" She inquired, following my gaze to the building.

The carriage started to slowly make its way to the entrance, skidding to a halt. I felt Katherine's hand turn my face towards hers, allowing her to adjust my hat.

The door opened on the farthest side away from me, our driver reaching his hand out to assist Emily to the ground. Then, Katherine stepped out. And finally, I reached my hand out to the middle aged gentlemen who directed the horses on our far journey. My other hand lifted up my dress slightly so I did not trip on it. I don't want to make a fool of myself on the first day.

I thanked the man as I stepped off the pedestal, giving him a small curtesy. My gaze finally met to my sister as I noticed her softly admiring a young man who looked to be around our age. Well, our age before immunity.

He has this honey like brown hair parted off more to the left. From the angle I was standing at his eyes looked a shade of forest green, his jawline treacherously exquisite. I usually don't go into far detail of the many young men that I meet but I couldn't help myself. He's gorgeous.

Green met brown as I looked away not a beat too quickly, not want to get caught staring. I think he noticed though because of the way a small smile etched onto his face in my peripheral vision.

He has a pretty smile.

The boy jogged down the stairs, halting in front of my sister with his hands knitted behind his back. I just stared off at a bush which seemed to be the most interesting thing I had seen in days.

He bowed quickly towards Katherine, "You must be Miss Pierce."

"Please," She was almost too fast to whip up a response, "Call me Katherine." She extended her hand out to him as she curtsied.

"And, of course," My gaze snapped back towards him as he went to speak again, "Miss Pierce."

I softly placed my gloved hand into his bare one, bending my knee's while keeping his gaze.

"Hadiya, please." I said, keeping a small smile on the corner of my lips. Katherine always says when one is too smile they should not show their teeth, it makes them look foolish. Therefore, my teeth are perfectly hidden.

The boy nodded and I could tell he was taking a mental note of our preferred names by the way he paused after we spoke. His hand motioned towards the entrance as what I assumed were workers grabbed our bags.

I looped my arm around Katherine's as the boy didn't think much of it, seeing as we're sisters. The truth is, I have no idea where I'm going so I am just using her arm as guidance.

Katherine bowed her head one last time in the boys direction as she led me inside to where we shall be staying. The room was rather large, a wall dividing it into two sections as a bed was on either side. Emily had split off down the hall, preferring her own space.

The maid's brought in our belongings and started neatly stashing them away for us. My gaze softened at the poor workers as I picked up some of my own dresses, placing them on the racks myself.

"Oh, please Miss Hadiya, you have had such a long day of travel and you need your rest. I will take care of your things." The maid said, ushering me to my part of the room.

I reluctantly slipped off my dress and changed into the night clothes that were left out on my bed. The silk sheets of the bed wrapped around my body like a mold, supplying me the comfort of a regular bed that I have longed for ages.

My mind reluctantly turned off. My eyes becoming weights that I could not give the strength to hold up any longer, and I fell asleep. For the first time comfortably in 283 days.

 For the first time comfortably in 283 days

^^^^

^
^
^
^

stef is gorgeous tho is she wrong??

didn't think so.

+ the chapters will be longer in the future dw<33

anyways please don't be a ghost reader, comments give me life and MOTIVATION. vote if you wanna but it is very much appreciated!!

~c