"Hey sweetie."my mom greeted as she gave Simone a smile.

"Hi, Mrs James."She greeted as she reached out to shake my mom's hand but my mom pulled her in for a hug instead.

"I am so glad you guys are roommates."My mom said after she pulled away from the hug.

"Where are your parents baby?" She asked as she looked behind Simone briefly.

"They are back at LA."she said with a small smile and I could tell she didn't want to talk about it so I nodded.

"Aw, I'm sorry baby."my mom said as she gave Simone a small smile.

"Speaking of LA. You need to be there for your meeting mom. You need to go."I said as I grabbed my phone and headphones along side her bag.

"I'll be back Simone."I said as I led my mom out of my dorm room.

"Lemme walk you to your car."I said as I held her hand and walked her to the parking lot.

We spoke the whole way there, well my mom was lecturing me about college life.

"And you need to attend all your classes because all the assignment catch up to you eventually."she said as I opened her car door for her.

"Yes, mom I hear you."I said whilst giggling which made her laugh too.

"Just yesterday I was taking you to your first gymnastics class now look at you. In college and an Olympic silver medalist."she said as she looked at me with admiration and she started crying which made me sigh.

"Mom, stop I'll cry too."I whined as I held her hands.

"I love you so, so much Imani."she sobbed as she placed her hand on my cheek.

"I love you more."I replied as I hugged her tightly once again.

"I'm going to miss you so much."I mumbled into her shoulder.

"I'll miss you too baby. So so much."she said not wanting to pull away from the hug.

I pulled away and wiped her tears away with a small smile.

"Call me when you get home."I said as I stuck out my pinky, she laughed before she linked her pinky with mine.

"I promise I will."she said still laughing at my childish gesture.

After she hugged me once again she got into her car and drove off.

Once she drove off I felt my phone vibrate, I took my phone out of my pocket and saw a FaceTime request from Damon.

"Mr Sims. You done with your press conference?"I teased with a small smirk on my face.

"If you must know I am and I am ready to see you."he said in his sultry voice which never failed to make me laugh or smile.

"Really? Have you settled into your dorm room yet?"I asked as I made my way back to campus.

"No, but I really need to see you. It's been awhile."he said which made me smile like a teenage girl.

"You tell me where you are and I'll meet you there."I suggested as I looked around.

"You won't ditch me will you?"he asked which made me roll my eyes and give him the 'really?' look.

"After so many months of talking to me, you don't trust me?"I asked which made him chuckle, he told me where he was and I hung up before I navigated myself around the large campus grounds.

When I spotted him on his phone in the middle of the corridor.

"Oh my gosh. Can I get an autograph, Damon Sims?"I joked as I tapped his shoulder, he turned and rolled his eyes.

"That's how you treat your fans?"I sarcastically asked as I placed my phone in my pocket.

"I didn't think you'd be a Damon Sims fan."he said which made me roll my eyes.

"I must carry a baseball bat around to convince you?"I asked with attitude as I crossed my arms and looked up at him.

"Yeah and a base ball jersey with my signature on it."he joked which made me laugh before I nudged him.

"C'mere."he said as he held out his arms and pulled me into a hug, I smiled as I stood tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You look good."he said as I pulled away from the hug.

"Boy what are you talking about?"I asked as I crossed my arms at him and looked down at my dress.

"You always look good to me. Even in just a paper bag."he said as he bit his lip.

"Stop, you're annoying."I playfully said as I playfully pushed him away before I began to walk away from him.

"Let's go somewhere."he said as he placed his arm around my shoulder.

"Where to?"I asked as I looked up at him.

"I'll look for a nearest restaurant and I'll see. I've never taken you on a date yet."he said as he took out his phone and typed, after a few seconds he nodded.

"Got it. I'll request an Uber."he said as he led us towards the entrance of the campus.

"Damon, what about the Bonfire?"I asked as I crossed my arms.

"We'll make it back on time, don't worry."he nonchalantly said as he shrugged his shoulders.

"You're exhausting."I said as I roll my eyes at him.

"Yet here you are waiting for the Uber I requested for us." he proudly said which made me playfully roll my eyes.

"You're a bully that's why." I said as I crossed my arms.

We waited for the Uber for a few more minutes and once it arrived we got in and spoke to each other the whole journey, once we got the the restaurant Damon held my hand and led me inside.

The waiter led us inside before he  handed us our menus and left to give us a couple of minutes.

"Next time I'll take you out on a proper date."he said as he glanced up at me.

"I'll be looking forward to that." I beamed as I looked up at him before I placed my menu down.

"You ready to order?"The waiter asked as he took out his notepad.

"Ladies first."Damon smoothly said as he looked up at me with a smirk on his face.

I enjoyed the date that Damon and I had, if I was being honest I'd say I didn't want it to end so briefly since we had to rush back to campus for the welcome bonfire.

Once we got to the welcome bonfire Damon wouldn't take his hands off me and he wouldn't leave me for even a second, I low-key enjoyed it.

"You have practice tomorrow so no."I said as I took the red cup from him that someone just handed him.

I looked at the alcohol that was in the cup and placed it on a nearby table.

"One drink?"he groaned as he looked at the red cup I had just placed on the table sadly.

"You shouldn't have told me you have practice tomorrow."I said whilst giggling.

"I don't, it was all a joke. We actually start next week. Ask JR."he said as he looked around for JR.

"Damon, you're a bad liar."I laughed as I finally handed him the cup.

"Listen I have to go back to my dorm soon. My coach is expecting me tomorrow." I said as I looked down at my wrist watch to check the time.

"You have a tournament coming up?"he asked as he took a couple of sips of his drink.

"Yeah I do. It's at LA though."I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Great. I've always wanted to go to LA without my parents for once."he replied.

"What if you have a baseball game that day?"I inquired as I watched him toss the red cup into the nearest bin.

"I'll make sure I'm there for your next tournament." he replied which made me smile and roll my eyes.

"We aren't even dating yet and you're making this many commitments."I remarked as I looked up at him.

"Yeah, yet."