23. wondrous place

Começar do início

"Can you help her to choose, she seemed havin' a trouble." Alex told the lady, looks like i had no choice now.

"Of course Sir, this way Ma'am." The lady smiled as she approached me and help me to choose some dress, i gave Alex one glance look and he just gave me a light smirk. Stupid smirk.

The lady help me to choose a dress since im really having a trouble to choose. She's really nice, All of the dress are beautiful and i dont know what to choose but thankfully the lady knew what i really want. Since i do love black, after like half hour i finally choose a perfect dress. Its a cowl neck silk ruched dress, im just hoping that this will fit me.

After i tried it on the fitting room as soon i saw myself on the mirror. I could barely recognise myself, i mean, damn, this dress is beautiful. It's too sexy, yep, too sexy which is i dont really like. It was fine and look good to me but I don't think i can wear this. I was looking at myself when A soft knock startled me.

"Ma'am, are you done?" The lady asked me politely.

Im having a second thought if i should changed the dress since it's too showy. Guess, I'll just gonna asked her, i took a deep breath and opened the door and her eyes went wide, she had a same reaction. She looked at me up and down.

"Your husband's gonna love it." She smiled at me.

"No, he's not..."

"You should show it to him." She interrupted me and wink at me as she gently dragged me where Alex is waiting.

He's not my husband...

My heart began to beat fast again. For the fact this lady thinking that Alex is my husband. Focus Yelena, you're just gonna show the dress to him. I stared at him for a second, he's reading some magazine while he has sunglasses on. I took a deep breath before calling his name.

"Um...Alex?"

Alex tilted his head at me and his mouth falling slightly. He slowly take off his sunglasses and his eyes travelled up and down my body and landed to my eyes. He didn't say anything he just kept staring at me while his mouth was still open.

He shook his head quickly. "Sorry." He cleared his throat. "I—you look...you look stunning."he said, scratching the back of his head while putting down the magazine.

"This is very expensive, Al." I told him, I almost forgot that this dress is so fúcking expensive like there's no way im letting Alex to spend like this.

"I dont fucken care about the prize, Yelena, I like it on you." He says carefully as he headed to the counter to pay the dress. I just gave in and went back to the fitting room.

When everything is settled Alex thanked the lady in the counter and he grabbed all the bags and i gently grab his arm as he looked at me confused. "Hey wait, thank you for this." I said nervously, i feel really bad that he have to spend much money like this, God, he's still my boss and this felt wrong.

"No worries, you look breathtaking with that dress." He whispers to my ears, which is making me goosebumps. "Oh and you can save your thank yous later, 'cause im sure yer definitely gonna thank me again later, love." he smirks at me as i burrows my eyebrows and when he sees my face, he laughs out fully.

I press my mouth together to stop myself for blushing because it's so hard to stop this feeling when his laugh is so addictive. So i playfully punch his shoulder and he pretends i wounded him making me smile. "Stop joking around, Al."

We thanked the lady as we left at the shop. While we're walking I can't help but noticed that people are looking at me, i tried to ignore it that maybe im just assuming but damn they are really looking at me then to Alex.