Chapter 1: Paradise

Analysis: Systems Functional

Status: Clear

Power Levels: Sufficient

Across my black-and-white view, these words were plastered, and I knew what they meant. I am unsure how I knew, but I did. I looked across my face, and upon my arm were symbols meaning words. Words that I could only imagine what they meant outside of literal definitions. These words held many meanings; how I'm the first of my kind, and maybe the last; 'Pilot' printed across my skin.

I believed it to be a name.

I looked up and all around me was familiar, yet I have never been there before. beaches, straits, and land masses matched perfectly with my memory.

I don't recall being here.

In front of me lay great waters, and avast there were lands of immense structures. Castles rivalling all known knowledge were common and even grander than necessary; holding the heavens, chimneys making the clouds, and domes of glass powering the moon with light. Each castle expressed itself as a factory, and as a home for all who worked within, with every commodity and need one would ever even think of, with hovercraft carrying the castle exports towards a central tower, thicker than the castles around. Taller than everything in their domain atop one another, cutting its clouds as it transcended like god. Glass adorned the highest floors, as a watchtower would oversee every ocean at once. The shaft was adorned with sliver-esque reflections demanding complete clarity; the whole kingdom was visible from all sides.

Behind me was a city to behold, with Skylines of buildings being atlas to the heavens; made of steel, and glass; the moon itself lay upon its helm. Lights were strewn across this world, blinding with their intricate displays of designs and patterns baring both imagery of commodities, and a mascot of the people. The structures were rectangular at the base; very sturdy and uniform as every other structure. But each building went off at the same time, with sudden juts of unique angles, shapes and figures. Spires; deviations of all possibility; conceptual interpretations; the occasional continuation of the base, all of them built with the sky in mind. As Atlas, each wonder were fingers for the world to be held.

I gazed for a little while. Moon on full, stars held high with the strings of progress. What used to be noon became night, dark, then light. The sun had risen for the first time, and now the wonder must turn off for a while. My attention now lingered, and lower it went. Up from the fingertips down to the ground, and now down below to right in front of me. Trees upon grass, grass touching beach, and in between lay a child. I strode closer, and adorned upon their body was a raincoat-like clothing, upon its level surface the symbol of a bird across their chest. Pale face with unkempt hair, dirt and blood trickling down their cheek as a cut made blood a tear. With nothing else to occupy my time, I decided to aid my find.

I strode over and covered the wound with the back of my hand-like appendage.

Contact: Wound Detected

System: Initiate Regeneration

I was fully functional, and the blood has ceased. Their eyes were closed and breathing soft. The air was rather cold for them, and a better-suited place would be necessary. I moved both my arms out to let them lie whilst carried; emulating a stretcher they were lifted into the air. Stepping out, scanning around; the wind picking up and blowing their raincoat in the most revealing fashion. Transferring the young onto my back; arms across my neck, legs supported by my efforts, and off into the forest of fingers.