Carter's Odyssey.

As a child, my sister Kira and I were forced to fight for the favor of my parents. This often resulted in fights between me and my sister. But the older we got, the better my sister became, intelligence, communication, martial arts... in short, in everything. Bullying at school got to the point of hatred towards my sister.

By the age of seventeen, I was completely neglected by my parents, while my sister was their golden child. At the age of 18, after graduating from high school, without my parents' knowledge, I enlisted in Starfleet.

I attended all the classes, I often went to afternoon discussions with professors, where we discussed political-philosophical issues, our conversations sometimes lasted for hours, I often returned to the dormitory late in the evening.

This apparently attracted the attention of Admiral Mitchell, Rector of the Academy. Once I forgot to order lunch, so I stayed in the classroom when suddenly I heard:

"Cadet Carter"

I looked to see who he was, and as soon as I found out he was an admiral, I stood at attention.

"At ease cadet," says the admiral.

The Admiral walked over to my desk and sat down in a chair.

"Sit down, cadet," says the admiral.

"Sir?" I ask the Admiral, not knowing what's going on.

"George, may I call you that?" Mitchell asked.

"Certainly, Admiral, sir," I replied.

"I've talked to my professors about you, they praise you," says the admiral.

"Really?" I ask incredulously.

"Sure George, I was also advised to include you in the command program," says the Admiral.

"Wow, I-I don't know what to say" I said in surprise

"Come to my office tomorrow at 0900, where we can talk more thoroughly about it. You will be excused from classes for the whole day" Admiral said.

"Yes, Admiral," I replied.

The admiral left, after the end of the lessons I went straight to the dorm. The next morning, I arrived at his office five minutes early, just in case. At exactly 0900, I knocked on the door, from the other side of which I heard "enter". I entered the room, where I saw the Admiral at his desk and the two Vulcans, Ambassador Soval and a young Vulcan girl.

"Sir, I am here at your request," I said.

"Ahh George, you certainly know Ambassador Soval," the admiral said.

"Of course, Admiral, I am honored, Mr. Ambassador," I greeted Soval.

Soval just nodded his head.

"I want you to meet T'pal, a first-year apprentice at the Vulcan Academy of Sciences.

I looked at T'pal and greeted her with a smile.

I got the same reaction as from Soval.

"T'pal, she was transferred from the Academy of Sciences here to Starfleet Academy because of her lower IQ compared to other apprentices," Soval explained.

"With all due respect, Ambassador, but it's a bit cruel to say that about someone," I stood up for T'pal.

"George...," said the Admiral.

"Sorry, sir," I said with a bit of sarcasm.

"Anyway, T'pal, from now on she'll be attending Starfleet Academy and joining you in the command program," the admiral said.