Chapter 3

Caspian led you to his quarters and began pulling open doors and chests, motioning for you and Lucy to look inside, "your weapons, some of your clothes, Susan and Peter's things," he trailed off as you and Lucy began pulling things out of the chests.

"You brought all of these things with you on a ship?" Lucy asked in amusement.

Caspian shuffled his feet, "well, I never knew if you might be coming back," he stated, "and it makes me feel like you guys are here with me."

You smiled at him and pulled out a pair of tweed pants and a shirt from the chest, "practical and stylish," Lucy teased as she too pulled out some clothes.

"I'll leave you to it," Caspian said, politely bowing out of the room.

You watched his back as he left, desperately wanting to say something, but didn't.

Lucy began pulling on her new clothes, discarding her ones from England, "come on, talk to me about it."

You shrugged, pulling on your own clothes, "it's nothing, Lu."

"It's something," she insisted, "you were so close, we all know you love him, why hold back."

You shrugged again, not meeting her eyes, "what if he has moved on? What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if when all this is over, I return to England and leave again?"

Lucy sighed, "well to answer some of those questions, you have to actually talk to him."

You nodded, "I know, I am just afraid of the answer."

Lucy finished lacing up her boots and you did the same before returning to the top deck. Edmund had also changed into some Narnian armor, but Eustace remained in his sweater vest, still refusing to acknowledge he was in Narnia.

Caspian shouted above the ruckus of the deck, "men, behold our castaways, King Edmund the Just, Queen Lucy the Valiant and High Queen (Y/N) the Brave."

There were shouts of excitement from the men aboard the ship, but out of this crowd popped a familiar mouse.

"Reepicheep!" you exclaimed as the mouse ran into your open arms.

"Your majesty," he said, returning your embrace, "it's so good to see you again!"

You smiled as Reep greeted Edmund and Lucy as well. "Well, Caspian, where are we sailing to?" Ed asked.

Caspian's face fell, "follow me." Caspian and Drinion led you to the Captain's quarters where a large map was laid over the desk. "We have been sailing across the seas, claiming territories for Narnia, in only a few years, we have created peace."

"Everywhere, except East of the Lone Islands," Drinion commented, placing his finger on the map where the Lone Islands were.

"East of the islands is uncharted," you said, "there is no telling if there is even land out there to claim."

Caspian nodded, "my father thought that too, but he sent out seven of his most loyal lords to chart the territory and claim any lands." He gestured to the drawn images of seven men hanging on the wall, "they never returned, and now we get tales from the Lone Islands about sailors that have gone mad returning from the east, all of them go missing not long after they return."

"So you're going in search of these lords?" Ed asked.

Caspian nodded, "and to discover the truth behind these stories, if there is an enemy emmasing outside of Narnia, we need to know."

You nodded in understanding, "where are we now?"

Drinion pointed to a spot in the open ocean a ways away from the Lone Islands, "about here, your majesty, maybe a few days sail from the islands."

You nodded, "great, plenty of time to rest and recharge before we start a new adventure."

Lucy and Edmund smiled at you, "come on Lu, lets go get something to eat."

Lucy nodded, but Caspian interpreted, "actually (Y/N), could I have a moment?"

Lucy looked at you with a smirk as you stopped dead in your tracks, before turning back to Caspian, "of course," you forced the words out of your mouth.

"I'll catch up later," Lucy whispered, grabbing Edmund by the shoulders and following Drinion out of the cabin.

You took in a deep breath and let it out, you had no idea what to expect, but deep down you knew you needed to talk.