The Begining of the Begining~ This is Me

I do not own Ouran Academy or the host club!

Reader's P.O.V (First Person)

It was halfway through the school year. Why did my parents have to move now, of all times?

I jumped out of my parents' car and stepped onto campus ground with a crunch. Snow, something that was new to me. It had never snowed at my old house.

"Good-bye sweety! See you after your first day!" said my mother as I closed the car door. She started driving away to drop off my twin at a separate school.

Ouran High School, a place for rich people, a school I didn't think I would be able to enter, but here I am. The only reason I was able to enroll was because of my exceptionally high grades. Even though we lived in Florida, they still payed for a flight for all of us. All we had to do was save up money for a house.

My family wasn't exactly rich, I mean, the car we rode in was almost at its end and I sort of felt like it was my fault. I relied on my parents more for emotional support than for money, as I had my own job, unlike my sister who always asked for just a bit more allowance money.

When my parents had planned to have a child, they were financially stable, but they weren't expecting a second one. I, being born second by only a minute, weighed 5 pounds 6 ounces while my sister, Yuki, weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces. Of course, my parents loved me just as much as my sister, but the only way they could tell us apart was the tear drop shaped birth mark on the back of my left shoulder.

All of my life, I had been mistaken for my sister. I excelled academically, all A's, but I just couldn't compete. Yuki was perfect at almost everything she tried. Not only did she do well with her grades, mostly A's and B's, but she was also into all kinds of sports.

People would come up to me and say, "Congratulations on scoring so many points for your team yesterday!" I would accept and say thank-you. I was used to that routine. My sister had started using me to escape her fans once she had become more popular at school, leaving me to the swarming fans and vicious haters. All of whom did not know that I had taken her place.

Once I had received a letter in my locker at school. It told me to wait in the classroom after school. Of course I did and a boy came into the classroom.

"I'm so glad you waited for me Yuki! I wanted to tell you that I like you and I would be the happiest person alive if you were to be my girlfriend!" he says with a grin on his face.

"I'm sorry, but I'm Yuki's sister, (y/n)," I said.

"Oh. I didn't even realize that she had a sister. Do you think you could put in a good word about me, so that when I ask her tomorrow, there will be a higher possibility of her saying yes?"

There was still a small smile on his face.

"Sure," I said with tears starting to fall down my cheeks. I rushed out of the school, my feelings obviously hurt. By the time I arrived home, I was crying my eyes out as I ran up the stairs to my room. I cried for the rest of the day, not even caring to finish on my homework.

It was at that point, I realized that I didn't wan't to be like my sister. I wanted to be me. I wanted friends that liked me for me and not for Yuki. I wanted people to recognize me for who I truly was.

Then I was accepted into the elite school, Ouran. My family was to move to Japan where Yuki and I would go to entirely different schools. Without her human shield, reality was going to slap Yuki in the face. She was going to feel the years of torture she had put me through. This time I wasn't going to help her. I was tired with all the trouble and I wanted a fresh start. I was going to prove that I was me and not just some look-alike.

Author Note
This is the first chapter of my first story on WattPad. I'm so excited and worried at the same time! Please comment and tell me what you thought!

*Changed to first person August 30, 2015.*
*Edited December 3, 2015*