my bleeding heart, in your hands

Never before did you think you'd have to literally run for your life one day, but here you were. 

Out of the basement and a sharp turn around the corner, you found the main hall. The front door was in sight. You rushed past the stairs to reach it, only to catch a glimpse of blue in the kitchen's doorway. A glimpse of Bobble Hat.

You halted to make a double take. Yup, that was her, except she was lying over the sink with her arm under running water. You called out to grab her attention. 

"Hm?" She slightly glanced back. The everlasting smile on her face was still present, though it was shakier than before. She turned the sink off and hiked her hoodie sleeve back up, cocking her head in a cheeky manner. "Miss me any?"

You flocked to her side. "What are you doing in here? Where have you been?"

"Outside, duh! But I had to come back inside." She didn't elaborate. It seemed like literally couldn't, too occupied with maintaining her shaky smile and keeping her sleeve pulled up high. She took in a deep breath. It was like she was barely holding herself together.

Your eyebrows knitted together in worry, but there was no time to question it. You grabbed her hand. "We'll talk later. Let's-"

A loud bang intervened. It originated from down the hall and around the corner. The basement you just escaped from. Sounded like someone won. You had a feeling you knew who it was, but you kept on guard anyway, standing in front of Bobble protectively. 

Bumping noises echoed against the walls and slowly got closer. She tugged on the backside of your shirt like she was ready to leave, but your feet were planted firmly in place. You would run if it was necessary, but not yet. Not until you knew who won.

When you saw his tired yet victorious stance, still holding the 52. Gal that saved your lives, you called his name. "Aloha!"

He grinned. You left Bobble to capture him in a hug. He lazily threw an arm around your shoulder and teased, "What, you seriously didn't think I'd lose, did you?"

You buried yourself into his side. You didn't want to leave him behind again, in fear that he would lose next time. Bobble loudly coughed and put a hand on her hip like she was annoyed. No matter what, though, it wouldn't separate you from him. She asked,  "Did I miss something?"

Aloha shifted to keep you trapped under his arm, while keeping his gun hand free. "The killer thought they had us trapped. They made the mistake of thinking they could outrun me."

"...Oh!" She craned her neck to examine him. "So they're dead? Totally, absolutely dead for sure?"

"Yup. I shot 'em down." He presented the Gal with pride.

That only made her hum skeptically. "Really? 'Cause in every crappy horror movie I've seen, the killer gets up for one last scare." 

"They won't. Trust me." His tone was leisurely confident, yet he was staring her down as she approached. His grin wore off with every step. 

Once Bobble was close enough, she took your hand. "C'mon, you know what I'm saying, right? We gotta make sure they're gone for good! Let's go into the dark, creepy basement together."

She giggled as she pulled you out of his grasp. Aloha yanked you back in. "Woah! Hold up!"

She gazed at him with an innocent, carefree smile. That made him in scowl in return. "You're not taking them anywhere. Don't even play."

"And why not? Does it make you jealous?"

"N-"

She perked up. "Or are you just trying to buy the killer time? Since you obviously didn't actually shoot them."