Love in Vein

Drew POV:
Jake had just told us to leave him and Hailey alone. That kinda hurt, not gonna lie.

"Ugh am I not allowed to check on my friend? You're becoming them Jake! If you prefer them over us, fine!" I said as I was leaving.

"That was akward" Henry said.
"Hey idiots, I'm just gonna head home"
"Ok" they responded.

While heading home, I texted the group chat and told them plans were cancelled, then turned off notifications. - As soon as I came home, I heard shouting. Of course, my parents were fighting again. I was kinda hungry, so I decided to get a snack. I came into the kitchen, only to find a Code you'd scan. I knew it wasn't any of my business, but I was already bored, so I scanned it. They were...flight tickets.? They were leaving me. Alone. Don't get me wrong, I'm used to being alone (because they always go on vacations), but they promised me they wouldn't leave me..not this year.. I went up to my room and Locked myself I'm there. Although I turned off notifications, I somehow got a ding. That's when I realized I pressed the 'School Hours', not 'Do Not Disturb'. It was from Jake..

Jakey 🍑: Hey Drew. Sorry About Earlier. I know I have been spending more time with Hailey, but that doesn't mean I don't miss you guys' company. I would chose you guys in a heartbeat.

I didn't know how to respond, but managed to come up with something.

Drew 🐻: I shouldn't have came in like that.. or called you a freak, it was wrong of me.
Jakey 🍑: It's okay. I know you just wanted to hang out and didn't mean anything.
Drew 🐻: Hey Jake..My parents broke their promise again.
Jakey 🍑: Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that.. If it could make you feel better, tomorrow is the band competition, and was hoping you could come for me?

I had never heard Jake sing before. It was so tempting to accept, but I wasn't sure.

Drew 🐻: ..We'll See.

That's all I could manage to say..

(6:57 A.M):
I couldn't sleep for some reason. It was really weird, and all I could think about was hearing Jake sing. I guess his request really got me. "I will go" I told myself.
I got up, changed into a good outfit that would (hopefully) please Jake. I excepted to hear screams coming from my parents, but i didn't. Instead, the plane tickets were gone, and so was the car. I see a note on the floor, and I read it.

"Hey Drew, me and your dad are gonna be gone for a few days, we have some
'unfinished business'. I know we had a promise, and I'm very sorry! I will
make it up to you, I promise! We should be back in 2-5 days. Love you!

-Mom"

Of course they don't even tell me until now. I didn't really care. I just took the bus to school.

(9:25 A.M)

Jake POV:

The band competition was in 5 minutes! I couldn't wait! We were getting set up, but Hailey noticed something off. "Hey guys? Where's our music sheet?" We all shrugged. "Beats me" I said. "Nevermind, we already have our song memorized, right?" We did have it memorized. We were after this one girl on stage. A Blue Haired Lady came up and did her song. A song we recognized immediately..

That is the girl, I just made the design because yes 😌 👇

That is the girl, I just made the design because yes 😌       👇

That was OUR song...

They had stolen our song!
"What the he-"
"That's our song!" Hailey cried out!

She started panicking. Zander and Luke were trying to comfort her, and I was thinking of a song to sing!

"Hey guys, I know this is kinda cliche, but what if we sang an already existing song?"
"Well that's our only choice!" Zander had said. Of course he'd try to talk back.
"We all know the song 'broken roads' right? What if we sang that?"
"J-Jake, your a genius!" Hailey hugged me.
We were up next. As I got onstage, I immediately spotted Drew. We made eye contact for a split second, before my face went kinda red.

Drew POV:
Jake had started singing. He sang flawlessly, and sounded like an Angel! I started to blush. I knew what was happening. I was starting to catch feelings for him.

What was i saying? I'm dating zoey! But, I should break up with her. I always knew she was cheating on me (and gold digging), but I want someone pretty or handsome to show off to people.

Jake had finished the song, and has won the band competition. I was happy for him, really!  But, I didn't like seeing all those freaks' grins. They were all so joyful, which really killed me.

(The Next Day)

Not a single message from my parents, as expected. I got ready, put on my same old hoodie, and went out to school. As I arrived, everyone was acting strange. The kept telling me "I'm so sorry!" I was genuinely confused. As I came to my locker, and Jake had jumped on me, tears in his eyes. I had never seen him like this..

"I'm so sorry! I can't imagine what it feels like to go through that" he had said.
"What do you mean? What happened?"
"You don't know?! That's even worse!"I was confused, but was stunned by what he said next....

"Your parents.. they got into a plane crash..."

Word Count: 923

Note from author: Hey y'all! Im gonna be making a chapter every 2 days, and I hope you enjoy this so far! I didn't know where to leave y'all off, so, this should be a good cliffhanger.