Chapter 17 - The Boogeyman

I began to scream. Screaming like my life was depending on it. I screamed so loud, that the back of my throat began to go sore, causing a rather stinging and unpleasant feeling to erupt. A sudden chuckle pulled me out of the moment, the hand left my throat as the chuckle slowly but surely began to turn to a loud laugh. I turn around, facing a guy with a clowns mask, bend over laughing as he tried to support his body by holding on to the railing. Tears rolled down my cheek as my cheeks began to light up in embarrassment. He pulled of the mask, revealing Anthony, who was desperately trying to catch air. His breath caught itself in the back of his throat, as there seems to be no end to his laugh.

"You fucking dick", I say in barely a whisper. Silent tears rolled down my cheek as I watched him come over. My eyes were blurry, probably suffering from a heart attack by now.

"Common Babe, it was just a prank", he said as he tried to contain his laughter.

"It wasn't funny! You knew how paranoid I have been lately!", I shout out and bawled my hands to fists.

"That's the Halloween spirit. Don't be such a huge crybaby", Anthony answers as he whipped his tears away.

"You fucking asshole. So you think it is okay to give me nearly an heart attack?!"

He shrugs his shoulders at that. "You're still standing, are you not? Not much of a deal to me."

My chin fell to oblivion as he said that. The anger in me started to cook up, rising with each second as I looked him in the eye. I shake my head at him as I slowly stepped away, while more tears threaten to fall any second now. He on the other hand was rolling his eyes, crossing his arms like a scolded child. I turn away from him, bolting into our house and up the stairs to the bedroom. I can't believe the nerve of that man. How can he just stand there and act like my heart didn't just pound out of it's socket?! I threw myself onto the bed, not wanting to anticipate in any Halloween activity anymore and just call it a Day. I grasped the pillow ever so tightly as the tears rolled down their way onto it. There seemed to be no stopping them. I didn't even know why I was crying this much, maybe just because this prank was a bit too much. My heart was still running a marathon in me, no holding back as it hammered painfully against my chest. I pulled the blanket over me, not carring that I was still wearing my clothes at this point, which was kinda uncomfortable when I was being completely honest to myself. My eyes were glued to the open window, listening to the crickets outside and the wind brushing against each leaf that was in it's way. A rather calming if you asked me, I loved the complete silence around me. It would be better if it was raining, but just like my mood in this very second it is a rather chilling and cloudy night. I buried my face further and further into the pillow, for me the day was over. But it seems as if Anthony had other plans. A loud bang made me jump up from the bed. I pulled the blanket over my chest as I looked towards the closed door. It was too quiet in the house. No footsteps, no voice and nothing else could be heard. Just my own breath, which was uncontrolled.

"Anthony", I called out rather uneasy, while my eyes remain on the door. Though there was no answer. I dragged myself out of bed and stepped to the door. I leaned against it with one ear and listened for any sounds. I was sure that the ass pranks me again.

"It's not funny, Anthony!", I called out as I stepped away from the door and opened it ever so slowly. I peered around the corner into the hallway. Darkness surrounds him like never before as I stepped into it. I  followed the wall, letting my hand guide me as it slid along it. The uncomfortable silence did not subside, still I did not hear my boyfriend calling out to me. I got to the stairs and go down gently, not wanting to create some unnecessary noises. Once downstairs, I looked around and saw the side table which had been tipped over. That was the culprit that got me out of bed. I cursed under my breath as I struggled to get it up again. That is when another pair of hands helped me with it. I sigh in relief as it stood back in place and turn towards Anthony. But I didn't know that he dressed up in some sort of costume, which startled me as soon as I came face to face with him.