Part 3

[this is the last part i have written btw...and look at him type he's all silly or whatever...ttyl]

My eyebrows furrow as I look at him, gently he lifts my mask backup and over my nose. I finish adjusting it as I follow him to hide behind a door frame. I'm quiet as I watch him peak out. Squatting down I aim my scope down the hallway. Not finding anyone I stand up placing a soft hand on Ghost's shoulder.

"I don't think-" I hear the clinking and rolling of a grenade.

His eyes widen and we quickly run to the farside of the room. Ghost covers me as the grenade goes off. My eyes are shut, as I cover my head. After the grenade explodes, Ghost quickly gets off me. I don't move as I try to take deep breaths but fail to get any air in. My chest feels tight as he turns me on my back before sitting me up. My ears are ringing and I look at Ghost, as I start panicking. I motion that I can't breathe. Pointing and trying to get air into my lungs, only making myself panic more. I can feel the tears start to well up in my eyes as my chest starts to ache.

"Hey, it's alright," he holds my face, blowing between my eyes until I take a deep inhale. I cough and fall forward onto his shoulder, hyperventilating as I cry. "See, no need to panic" he pats my head, hiding his own worry. He frowns seeing me shake and hearing a quiet snuggle.

"This is all going so wrong," I wipe my eyes before sitting up and shaking my head. "I'm sorry. We should get going," I stand up, pulling the strap of my gun over my head. Holding it at my chest as I walk towards the door. Someone walks in with a gun and I quickly hit their arm forcing them to drop the gun before holding the arm behind them. The tip of my gun on their back. "Fuck," I mutter after realizing who it is.

"I was on my way down," I let go, "Heard the explosion, came as fast as I could," Soap bends down and picks up his gun.

"Thanks," I walk out of the room and Soap looks at Ghost.

"This one's been rough on Frostbite," Ghost whispers as he adjusts his gun and they walk out of the room.

"I bet. Did you two catch up?" Ghost nods, "Did you tell (y/n) why you never sent anything?" He looks at Soap.

"Quit chit chatting and get to walking," I yell out at them and they quickly jog to catch up.

"How'd you two meet?" Soap looks at Ghost who glares at him.

"Irrelevant," I mutter.

"Small talk Frostbite. I know you're not as cold as your codename come on," I glare back at him and he smirks before I roll my eyes and sigh.

"He saved my life on a tour a couple years ago,"

"And it was love at first sight?" Soap laughs as he adjusts his grip on his gun.

"Oh shut up," I roll my eyes again.

"So, you've seen him without the mask?"

"No, he keeps it on at home too," I look back, "Yes i've seen him without the mask idiot," he scoffs at my passive aggressive sarcasm.

"So is he ugly?" I laugh at Soaps question.

"Quite the opposite," Ghost says, his raspy voice giving me butterflies once again and I adjust my grip on my gun as I clear my throat.

"He's alright," I smirk, knowing he's more than alright. Knowing he's a face I could stare at for hours and never tire. A face i'm upset he keeps covered while on tours.

"Alright?" I don't look back at him, "Im alright?" I smirk hearing how angry his voice sounds and Soap laughs.

"Hurt his ego, Frostbite," Soap scoffs.

"It would seem that way huh?" I turn my head to look at Ghost and my breath catches. My heart beats faster when I look away. The way his eyes were staring at me. A look that I know all too well. He wanted to do things to me and I could tell. "Finally," I mutter as we reach the entrance and Soap holds the door open for Ghost and I. I thank him as I look around, taking in the hot desert air.

I take a second to look around the deserted area. Taking in the damage dealt. Soap quickly jogs off and I place my gun on my back. My hands rest on the top of my helmet as I look around. I shake my head, dropping my hands before looking down and walking away from the building. Ghost follows and stops next to me when I stop to look up at the building. With a sigh I hold my walkie talkie up to my lips.

After everyone is accounted for and out of the building I take a deep breath, "Building 2 Sector 3...Clear,"

I clip the walkie talkie onto my vest before walking further away from the building. Ghost looks around and I do the same. I take a few more steps away as a jet flies over us. I look up at it, shielding my eyes with my hand. I raise my it, fully open before giving a thumbs up. The jet flies overhead again and I cover my ears. A few missiles are dropped and I watch as they blow the building up.

"I don't miss that," I sigh, turning away and walking to our pickup zone. "I brought you some of your stuff," I look at Ghost, "But I wasn't sure if there was anything you missed from home,"

"What I missed the most is already here," I scoffs before giving him a look and laughing, "What'd you bring?" he asks out of curiosity.

"Some of your clothes," he looks at me as I talk, "You had some you wore all the time but I didn't bring those," I shrug, "I didn't want them to get ruined so I brought some you wore sometimes,"

"Did you pack for yourself?"

I laugh, "Of course I packed for myself,"

"I don't deserve you,"

I scoff, raising my eyes and stopping to look at him, "Where did that come from?"

He shrugs, "It's true though,"

"Shut up," I look away as I continue walking, but he doesn't move.

"You'll have to make me," I stop walking and he smirks as he watches me ball my hands up by my side, my back facing him.

"Keep walking Simon," I say sternly and his smirk grows.

"You know-" he starts but I interrupt him.

"I don't want to hear it,"

"Would you like to feel it?" he pulls me back, his hand around my neck and I gasp.

[hahHAhHA...i need to seek mental help...ttyl]