BERLIN UN BUNKER - SECURE CHAMBER

Zemo was contained in a prison pod, his ankles cuffed to his seat.

Everett Ross entered the chamber and said, "Meals at eight and five. Toilet privileges twice a day. Raise your voice, zap. Touch the glass, zap. You step out of line, you deal with me. Please, step out of line. Hmm?" Zemo just stared. "So how does it feel? To spend all that time, all that effort... and, to see it fail so spectacularly?"

Zemo looked up to meet Ross' gaze and replied, "Did it?"

AVENGERS HQ

Tony was with Rhodey as he tentatively walked beside parallel bars with tech on his legs.

"It's just the first pass," Tony said.

"Yeah," Rhodey replied.

"Give me some feedback. Anything you can think of. Shock absorption. Lateral movement. Cup holder?"

"You may wanna think about some AC down in..." He fell onto his hands.

"Let's go. I'll give you a hand."

"No, no, don't. Don't help me. Don't help me." He rose to his hands and knees and turned to sit on the floor beside Tony. "138. 138 combat missions. That's how many I've flown, Tony. Every one of them could've been my last, but I flew 'em. Because the fight needed to be fought. It's the same with these Accords. I signed because it was the right thing to do. And, yeah, this sucks. This is, uh... This is a bad beat. But it hasn't change my mind. I don't think." He gave a crooked smile and took Tony's hand.

"You okay?"

"Oh yeah."

FedEx Driver Stan Lee knocked on the window with a package in his hand and asked, "Are you Tony "Stank"?"

Rhodey pointed down at Tony. "Yes, this is -- this is Tony "Stank". You're in the right place. Thank you for that! I'm never dropping that, by the way. Table for one, Mr. "Stank". Please, by the bathroom."

---

Tony alone, opened the package and found an envelope and a phone inside.

Steve had written a letter to Stark. "Tony, I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the Army. My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, for the most part, they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but I can see now that I was really sparing myself, and I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords, I really do." Tony flipped the box upside down and a flip phone fell out. Tony stared at the phone. "I know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should..."

F.R.I.D.A.Y. said, "Priority call from Secretary Ross. There's been a breach at the Raft prison."

"Yeah, put him through," Tony replied.

"Tony, we have a problem," Secretary Ross told him.

"Ah, please hold."

"No. Don't..." He was put on the blinking hold light.

Steve's letter to Stark finished. "So, no matter what. I promise you, if you need us, if you need me, I'll be there."

RAFT PRISON

Sam turned and smiled as a figure walked toward him; Steve. The Super Soldier returned his smile.

WAKANDA, MEDICAL FACILITY

"You sure about this?" Steve asked.

"I can't trust my own mind," Bucky replied. "So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think going back under is the best thing... for everybody." He turned to Mary. "I love you, Mary. I'll see you soon, okay?"

Mary nodded and rested her forehead to his. "I'll see you soon, Buck."

Bucky closed his eyes, relishing in her touch. He opened his eyes and squeezed her hand, then tucked her hair back. "Wait for me, Mary."

"Always."

Bucky went into cryo and closed his eyes. Steve and Mary stared at him with a sad smile.

---

Steve and Mary stood staring through a window. T'Challa walked toward them.

"Thank you for this," Steve said.

"Your friend and my father, they were both victims," T'Challa reasoned. "If I can help one them find peace..."

"You know, If they find out he's here... they'll come for him."

"Let them try."

Mary glanced at T'Challa. "Yes, thank you." She turned to Steve. "I'll be staying here with him. If Shuri can help him, maybe she can help me. And maybe she can find a way for me to see my brothers again."

Steve nodded. "They'll keep you two safe. I'm glad he found you. I hope for your sake she can."

Mary smiled. "Thank you, Steve. Don't be a stranger, all right?"

Steve returned her smile. "Never."

QUEENS - PETER'S ROOM

May spoke to him from somewhere in the apartment. "So. Who was it? Who hit you?"

"Some guy," Peter replied. "So itchy, man. God." He fiddled with a wrist band.

"What's "some guy's" name?"

"Uh, Steve."

"Steve? From 12-C? With the overbite?"

"No, no, no. You don't know him, he's from Brooklyn." Peter's wrist band emitted a red beam which he hid when his aunt came into the room. "Ouch."

"Well... I hope you got a few good licks in."

"Yeah, I got quite a few in, actually. His friend was huge. Like huge." May gave him ice in a towel. "That's way better. Thank you."

"Okay, tough guy." She smiled broadly then left the room.

"Love you, May. Hey, can you shut the door?" He shined the red beam onto his bedroom ceiling and grinned, looking up at a glowing image of Spider-Man's mask.