Vague Remembrance

Mary sat in the apartment she and Bucky were staying in, unable to sleep.

Four names that she couldn't picture kept coming to mind. She wasn't sure how she knew, but she understood they were important to her.

"Mary! Sam! No!"

"Mary!"

Who was Sam? And who was the other man that had called out to her?

She jumped up and grabbed one of the notebooks she and Bucky had bought. Sam. Green apple-eyed dude. Older guy. Trench coat.

The lock on the front door turned and Mary was instantly on alert.

Bucky entered and frowned when he saw her. "What's wrong?"

Mary shook her head. "I don't know. Something's missing. I keep seeing four guys and I don't know what it means. One is named Sam."

"People from your past maybe?"

"They must be. You know, Vintovka means rifle in Russian. My last name I think is Winchester. That's a rifle. That can't be coincidence."

"Mary, we'll figure out who we are. But it'll take time. But for now, I think we should lay low somewhere."

"Where?"

"I was thinking somewhere in Europe."

"Europe? Why?"

"It's enough off the grid. What do you say?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Off the grid would be good."

"Okay. We'll leave shortly."

A mere hour later, the two were on their way to another continent to live a peaceful life as they tried to recall who they were before they'd been taken and turned into weapons.