QUEENS, NEW YORK

Peter Parker walked out of an elevator holding a DVD-player and had a backpack on his shoulder. He walked into an apartment where his Aunt May was sitting on the couch with Tony Stark.

"Hey, May," Peter greeted.

"Mmm," May hummed. "How was school today?"

"Okay. This crazy car parked outside..." He saw Tony and his eyes widened.

"Oh, Mr. Parker," Tony said.

"Um..." He took out his earphones. "What -- what are you doing...?" Hey! Uh, I'm -- I'm -- I'm Peter."

"Tony."

"What are . . . what are you -- what are you -- what are you doing here?"

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my emails, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"Regarding the..."

"You didn't tell me about the grant," May said.

"About the grant."

"The September Foundation," Tony clarified.

"Right."

"Yeah. Remember when you applied?"

"Yeah."

"I approved, so now we're in business."

"You didn't tell me anything. What's up with that?" May asked. "You keeping secrets from me now?"

Peter stammered, "Why, I just, I just... I just know how much you love surprises, so I thought I would let you know... wh... anyway, what did I apply for?"

"That's what I'm here to hash out," Tony told him.

"Okay. Hash, hash out, okay."

"It's so hard for me to believe that she's someone's aunt."

"Yeah, well, we come in all shapes and sizes, you know?" May stated.

"This walnut date loaf is exceptional."

"Let me just stop you there," Peter said.

"Yeah?"

"Is this grant, like, got money involved or whatever? No?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah?"

"It's pretty well funded."

"Wow."

"Look who you're talking to. Can I have 5 minutes with him?"

"Sure," May answered.

PETER'S BEDROOM

Tony bolted the door and spit out the walnut loaf before saying, "As walnut date loaves go, that wasn't bad." He noticed Peter's collection of old computers. "Whoa, what do we have here? Retro tech, huh? Thrift store? Salvation Army?"

"Uh, the garbage, actually," Peter admitted.

"You're a dumpster diver."

"Yeah, I was... anyway, look, um, I definitely did not apply for your grant."

"Ah-ah! Me first."

"Okay."

"Quick question of the rhetorical variety." He pulled out his phone which projected a video of Peter Parker in his Spider-Man outfit. "That's you, right?"

"Um, no. What do you... What do you mean?"

"Yeah. Look at you go. Wow! Nice catch. 3,000 pounds, 40 miles an hour. That's not easy. You got mad skills."