𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 | a sleepy welcome

— japan shinkansen line !

THE MORNING AFTER HER OUTING WITH MIHO, Kina left her dorm room, taking with her a small carry-on, taking the early bus to Shibuya station where she booked her shinkansen ticket for the earliest train. The sun had just risen, rising from the horizon a smidgen later than the week before, marking the approach of winter. The view from the window was much rather impeccable, all foggy skylines and fading dashes of red and orange morphing into blue sky.

Reclining into her seat, the bliss emptiness of the bullet train's interior allowed Kina to recline her chair back (and of course with the added pleasure of being seated right at the back with no chair behind) all the way.

The blonde let out a sigh of pleasure, resting her head against the seat. Closing her eyes for a moment, she put her arms over her head, arching her back. The joints in her back popped in a satisfying manner— that feeling of contentment one felt from righting a discomfort.

Within the next ten minutes or so, the remaining passengers had all piled into the bullet train's carriage, light chatter and knocking of suitcases sounding as baggage was put away and passengers settled into their seats. Kina waved at a few students she recognised, upperclassmen and underclassmen from school, some looking rather odd in outside clothes, some with uncovered eyebags who collapsed right into their seats to take a long nap for the ride.

Brown eyes strayed back to her own seat, and Kina pulled out her tablet, plugging in her earphones, turning on calm music not unlike those sleep music videos she'd play when she felt too restless or anxious to sleep in the pitch black silence of her dorm.

Admittedly, with the onset of holidays, Kina had spent the past three days finishing all her homework, often falling into bouts of procrastination in which five minute instagram breaks turned into full-on deep conversations with the randomest of friends.

It had definitely done a number on her sleep schedule, and for the week that Kina was in Miyagi, she planned to catch a glimpse of Kei's friends (mainly to embarrass her dear little brother with entertaining stories) and spend more time with her family and less time before the screen.

Making sure that her alarm was set, Kina leaned back on her chair, snuggling into the softness of her fluffy travel blanket, slipping off her shoes. She curled her legs up into a cross-legged position, and her head tilted onto the train window, cheek smooshed against the ring pillow.

She could feel the lethargy already setting in. With a sigh, she closed her eyes, and let sleep overtake her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

shibuya city !

"Omi! Rise and shine!"

The sound of curtains being pushed along the horizontal metal pole on the wall. A low groan left the obsidian-haired boy's lips, who further burrowed into his blankets, burying his face into the belly of a random plushie with a soft, velvety texture. Sunlight poked at his eyes like pricking needles as the plushie was pulled out of his grasp.

"Ikumi," Kiyoomi grumbled, "piss off."

"Good afternoon to you too, Omi," Sakusa Ikumi said, unaffected by how her younger brother had basically told her to fuck off, albeit in a non-venomous way.

Kiyoomi rolled onto his back to see Ikumi's fingers hovering near the latch of his carefully heat-proofed windows.

His eye twitched.