𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 | polyethylene bonding

▛▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝ ▜

POLYETHYLENE BONDING !!

▙ ▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▟

NOT ONLY WOULD I BE ABLE TO see Kei in Nationals later in the year, my wallet was heavier with the 4000 yen Doi had grudgingly given me during lunch on Monday, the countdown to the holidays coming up December 23rd. Miho and I, as well as Rui, one of the most promising players of our first year batch, had been invited for the National Youth Volleyball Camp. A quick text with Motoya confirmed that Sakusa and he were in as well.

An upperclassman from Ushimi Junior High — Bokuto Koutarou, the same person who had smacked my back to its death and played a part in us getting kicked out of the Brick Lane cafe on Saturday — had called me, most probably in one of his emo moods based on the way his words were all mumbled out together softly.

"Awww, if only the camp allows third years," he had mumbled sadly into the phone, his hair most probably drooping down in accordance with his mood. "But Akaashi said something about third-years having to focus on entrance exams! Imagine having entrance exams, I dunno what they even mean!"

I blinked, double-taking at the male's words. If I had heard him right, the ace of Fukurodani Boys' Volleyball team had no idea what university entrance exams were. I knew that Bokuto was a talented volleyball player, barely making it to the top five high school aces of the nation — but even if he did secure a scholarship to a university in volleyball, there was simply no way he would survive the courses without studying. Even I, a mere second year in high school, knew that.

"Bokuto-senpai... do you have any plans on going to university?"

"Hahh??" Bokuto sounded incredulous at my words, his soft mumble going up into a slight exclamation of horror at my words. "I dunno! Yama-chan said that she was going to help me on my science exam in February, is that the entrance exam you're talking about?"

So he had no clue.

Sweatdropping, I stopped at the intersection of the road junction, raising the hem of my wooden scarf to cover my nose from the fumes of the petrol and diesel-ran cars on the road. This 'Yama-chan' the ace had mentioned was most likely a friend from school — maybe Akaashi's upperclassman from his third-year counterpart class?

"I think you should get this Yama-chan to explain this to you, Bokuto-senpai," the lights switched from a glaring red to a shade of bright green, and my boots made contact with the still dry asphalt of the crossroad which would then lead me to my destination. Switching the phone I held to my other hand, I plunged my hand into the warm depths of my pockets, where a hot pack sent warmth to my frozen fingers. "To put it simply, it's exams to secure a spot in the university you'll be attending next April."

"Oh!" He seemed to have perked up. "I already got a volleyball scholarship to this university in Osaka! I'm gonna be training with the other Vleague trainees too! Is that what you mean?"

"Something like that," I nodded — even though he couldn't see me. "I'm gonna have to go now, Bokuto-senpai. If you have any other questions, you can always text me, ask Akaashi or 'Yama-chan'."

"Bye bye, Tsukki-chan! Don't forget to tell me how the youth camp was and whether you got scouted for any Division 1 teams!"

The line went dead. I tucked my phone into the pocket on the inner side of my jacket, now both hands nestled inside the hot pack-lined of my jacket, my own breath serving as a warmth to my face as the warm air was contained in the scarf I had pulled up. The temperatures had been dropping surely in the weather now, and Miyagi was probably going to be as cold, if not colder, than what Tokyo was showing today.