The Sciences

November 3rd
11:46 a.m.
Thursday

My eyes are drawn to the lower school students going back and forth between the Canteen and eating area.The noise they make as they move about fills the other-wise quiet lab.

My stare lingers for a moment more before finding the pages of my Biology lab book once more. Removing the black rsvp pen I had lodged between my front teeth I turn the page before picking up my drawing pencil

A sigh escapes my lips as I finish drawing the last organism. Smiling to myself as my eyes roam the pages seemingly satisfied with my work.

This was the fourth lab we had completed and it was only November. To say the least i was over it.

As much as i didn't find them hard the fact that I was required to do them back to back was draining.

"Which class we have after lunch?" Thalia asks and I close my book picking up my black puma back pack.

"Supposed to Maths " I tell her yawning, her immediate response is a groan putting her head on the table with an exaggerated sigh.

"Aye mi sick a dah man deh" she hisses her teeth, but not loud enough to draw the attention of our professor who was currently writing the outline for the next lab we have to complete.

It's like them people here nuh rest, as one gone a next one dat!

And to say we aren't even finished with the current one.

"Tell me about it" I roll my eyes sharing her sentiments.For a man with such a sucky attitude and uptight ways you would think he would atleast posses the ability to teach but no, not Mr. Montez.

I have no idea who he bribed to give him his degree but they deserve a healthy slap for subjecting us to the torture of this man's lessons.

"Henny don't talk 'cause a you alone a pass da class deh" she pouts before adding,"Teach me your ways bestfriend" in a playful plea.

I chuckle lightly, "YouTube and dedication sister!"

Although I may not learn anything from his classes I always make sure that I go home and practice on my own.

For I, Tansaneé H. James rebuke the title pretty dunce with my whole being.

I refuse to look this good and walk around with nothing in my brain to back it up. What is a young girl without ambition?

Certainly not something I want to be.

"Gyal you good, me try that and as me done brain blank" she expresses animatedly making me shake my head as I continue to pack up my bag.

My stomach decides to make its presence known with a growl low enough that only I hear it. I think,well hope.

Your stomach growling in a quiet room has to be on the top ten list of most embarrassing things that can happen.

"Okay guys" Mrs. Linold, speaks placing the marker she held between her fingers into the back of her duster before landing it on the teacher's desk.

"This lab is due after your mid-term, conduct the research as shown on the board. I've sent a pdf in the classroom to help aid with the lay-out, any questions?"

A few hands fly up and a look of annoyance passes over the stout woman's face which she doesn't bother to mask as she answers the questions.

**

"You, you and especially you!" Thalia points at Nicole, Jazeera and I,"Disgusting bad!" She exclaims throwing us into a fit of laughter.

"Wah me do?" I ask feigning innocence.