Chapter 2

Raella looks at the casket in front of her. She barely knew her aunt, yet, she still feels some grief. She stands next her father and a few steps away from her uncle, Aegon. Her eyes look around the people there, her uncles, Aegon and Aemond and her aunt, Helaena, were stood with their parents.

Then there were the rulers of driftmark, Rhaenys, the queen who never was, and her husband, Corlys Velaryon. She knew them pretty well, as they were not even a days dragon ride away. Then the uncle of her mother, Daemon, and his twin daughters. Baela and Rhaena, two equally tan skinned with white hair and purple eyed children.

She didn't care much of the others as the man talking at the funeral began speaking ill of her brothers. She wanted to lunge at him but a hand wrapped around her upper arm stops her. She looks up at Aegon who holds her back but doesn't looks at her. Daemon starts chuckling and she looks at him while Aegon's hand slights down to hold her wrist only for their fingers to lock.

After the funeral there's a gathering and Raella finds herself alone by her grandfather. "You came on Dragon back, right?" He asks her while they play a board game.

"Yes," she smiles making her move.

"And how is training going? Are you getting better?" He asks.

She nods with a sigh. "Mother still won't let me fight with a sword, but I am allowed to ride Belindo more often," she smiles.

He nods. "Riding a dragon is a gift. It's a thing only Targaryens and Valeryons get to experience," he smiles.

Rhaenyra walks over and squats by her daughter. "Go to bed," she whispers in her ear.

"But, mother..." she starts.

Rhaenyra shoots her a look causing her to nod before getting up. "Goodnight, sweet Raella," king Viserys smiles.

"Goodnight, grandsire," she smiles before walking off to her bedroom.

While she is sleeping, she is woken up by her brothers and her cousins. She gets out of bed as they tell her that Vhagar has been stolen from Baela.

The children get dressed and go to the place Vhagar has landed. The fight is fast and Raella can barely register what happens. One moment she is hitting Aemond and the other he has her brother's throat in his hand. He calls Jace, Luke and Joffrey bastards only for Raella to run to him and hit him hard in his nose, breaking it immediately.

He pushes her into the sand and hits her also breaking her nose. Then he hits Jace with a stone but Jace is quick to throw sand in his face and Luke slashes Aemond's eye. Raella gasps and stumbles back watching the ordeal.

The kings guard arrives and takes the children to the hall. Raella stands with her brothers under her arms as everybody is woken up. Aegon frowns looking at Raella who has a broken nose.

He rushes over to her and grabs her face. "What happened?" He asks looking at her nose.

"Aemond broke my nose," she groans as he touches it.

"You hurt anywhere else?" He asks with a frown.

She smiles shaking her head and he nods relieved. She places her hand on his with a nod. "I'm okay," she whispers.

"Aegon," Alicent says walking over to them and pulls him away with a dirty look to Raella who sticks out her tongue.

The kings guard are questioned by king Viserys while Aemond's eye is stitched up. Aegon gets a slap from Alicent making Raella feel bad for him. Raella stands in silence looking at the chaos around them until her grandparents arrive.

Rhaenys takes care of Baela and Rhaena, before Corlys can take care of Raella, Jace and Luke, Rhaenyra arrives with Daemon in tow. Daemon stays by the door while Rhaenyra inspects her children their faces. "Mother, he called them..." Raella is silenced by Viserys mits chaos.

Aemond is questioned, but Rhaenyra and Alicent get into a discussion. Rhaenyra says that the boys were called Bastards and Alicent ends up demanding justice because of the slash on Aemond's face.

Raella, Jace and Luke stay by their mother to feel safe. Viserys interrogates Aemond and he throws his brother on the fire. Raella looks in shock as she would rather die then cause her brothers to get hurt.

Aegon looks down in fear as Viserys interrogates him. The king starts losing it and talking about making peace with each other. Raella and Aegon make eye contact until he looks at the floor again.

Alicent still wants justice. "I shall have one of her children's eyes in return," she says making Raella, Jace and Luke look at Rhaenyra scared.

"My dear wife," king Viserys starts.

"He's your son, Viserys. Your blood," she cries.

Alicent demands Criston Cole to get Lucerys's eye but Raella pushes Luke behind her. "Over my dead body that anyone hurts my brothers!" she yells at Alicent.

The king says that nobody is to question the blood status of the sons of Rhaenyra before he steps back.

"Then I shall have the future heirs eye," Alicent says taking out the dagger of king Viserys.

"Mother!" Aegon shouts trying to stop her.

"Alicent!" King Viserys shouts.

Raella is pushed behind her grandfather and into the arms of Rhaenys, while Luke starts screaming bloody murder and Jace is pushed with him also behind Corlys. Rhaenyra shoots forward and stops Alicent while Aegon pushes through the crowd to Raella.

She looks up at him scared and he nods assuring her that he will protect her. Before the two look up it's already over, Rhaenyra has a cut in her arm and Daemon joins them.

The next day Raella stands on her balcony with blood still on her face and cuts on her knuckles. Aegon looks at her from by hte door and walks over to her. He has a cloth in his hand that is wet and a regretful look on his face.

"My mother betrothed me to my sister," he says standing next her.

She nods turning to him. "I am 10 and you are 13, your sister is a far better match," she smiles.

He cleans her face with a smile and starts talking Valyrian to her. "We made a promise, but I fear we cannot keep it," he says softly.

She nods. "Both our mothers want us to be heirs, neither of us wants the throne," she laughs softly.

"We can never do as we please, Raella. We can never marry, we can never run away together," he says.

"I guess we never can," she says looking outside again.

"Perhaps we will meet again in the future," he whispers before he is gone.

Raella looks at the dragons as they leave, after the ship of the king. Aegon flies past her with a smile and she smiles back at him.