The old men are glaring at us and I don't know why. I suddenly felt uneasy. I tried rubbing my thumb to my arms to shove the cold away. Nikolai grabbed my arms gently while still striking dark glares at them.

          "Let's go, Romia,"

          He guided me away from the crowd. As we were getting away a kid bumped into me while tugging my skirt. I was greeted by a boy covered in dirt and torn clothes, he smelled different but as I saw the cut on his hands while opposing in the air something heavy pressed on my chest. I felt Nikolai stop.

          The young boy placed his hand on his mouth like he was telling something. My heart clenches. I kneeled. I let Nikolai's hand fall. I grabbed the boy's shoulder while studying his appearance. There are also some cuts and bruise on his knees. My eyebrows met. 

          "Who did this to you?" was the first word that came out of my mouth.

         He looked at me for a brief moment before transferring his gaze to my back. I returned my gaze to the group of elderly men who had been staring at us lately.  They were watching the women working at the bakery shop with a smirk on their faces while there was smoke coming out of their pipes.

          My chest heaved as heat rushed to my blood. I looked back at the young boy, stroking his frizzy hair. I sat my palm on his face.

          "Are you hungry?"

          He immediately nods.

          "Where's your family?" I asked again with a broken heart.

          He blinked, putting his hands down. He shakes his head. It only worsens the feeling I'm getting. I heavily sigh and took out my handkerchief from the box.

          "Here," 

          I opened it to reveal a croissant, I wrapped it properly so he can hold it without smudging. He took it and immediately took a bite. A smile slowly rose to my face. I felt Nikolai at my side kneeling.

          "Does it still hurts?" He asked the young boy.

          The boy slowly nods while munching on his food. Nikolai looked around like he was trying to find something.

          "Come on." He offered his arms like he doesn't care if his white clothes will get a stain.

          The boy was confused for a moment before letting Nikolai pick him up. I followed them into a small store. He placed the young boy in a crate to sit in. 

          "Hello, can I get some water? Pls,"

          The lady smiled and stopped from arranging the fish.

          "Of course! Of course! hold on a second," She smiled at the kid before turning around and wiping her hands on her pinafore.