𝘼 𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣.

Depuis le début

"No, no, no. Back to the Dragonpit for you two before they send out a search party." The father gives his daughter a particularly pointed look for her lack of punctuality before ushering her brothers out. "Visenya, your mother wants to speak to you before you leave for the Dragonpit."

After a slight commotion from Jacaerys and Lucerys, the room had cleared and the two women were left alone. "Darling. I would prefer it if you didn't speak a word of this to anyone. Not to Jace or Luke, not to Aemond."

"Alright."

Rhaenyra admires the faint glint in the girl's eye, the subtle sparkle of honesty and a soul worthy of trust. "We women are smarter." Visenya nods quickly as she is gently pulled into her mother's side. "Soon I must return to court."

"Yes."

"Joffrey's birth has raised questions amongst the Red Keep, there are rumours."

Visenya pursed her lips. "The Queen has always been a whisperer, mama."

Rhaenyra chuckles through an exhale, she cups the pink cheek of her only girl and faces the shining eyes of trust. "When I go to court, I'm going to propose a betrothal between Jace and Helaena, and offer a dragon egg to Aemond."

While she was glad her friend would have a chance at bonding with his own dragon, the blonde huffed at her mother, crossing her arms. "Why? What do you owe them?"

"My darling, it is not about owing. With the promise of Jace and Helaena ruling together, my claim is less likely to be challenged. That way you will be to inherit Driftmark and Dragonstone."

Stood straight, her back turned, and she frowned just a little, the violet of her eyes darken, the glint disappears. "What is it?"

"I want you to marry. Aegon."

Visenya sucked in a deep breath, her line of sight is now maintained through the window. Not specifically at the outside world you could see through it, but the pattern of the stained glass. She was too young to understand the sacrifices of living in a political jail, Rhaenyra knew better than anyone, but she did nonetheless.

Aegon? Filthy, older Aegon who winks at maids and snuck out to brothels. 

Tyraxes approaches his rider, grabbing her attention. The creature stares into her eyes, fascinated with what he'd seen many times before, Visenya likes to think he was looking at her lovingly. "Call Tyraxes to heel, Princess Visenya."

"Serve." The dragon did as he is told.

A sheep enters, its rope tied to a post. As lovely as his rider was, the bleating of his dinner sounded more appealing. "Tyraxes." She calls as he inches toward the animal. "Tyraxes!"

He snaps at her order, like an impatient child. 

"Halt!"

The beast takes the command to heart, simmering down. "You must hold mastery over your dragon, princess. He is fully bound to you, but still challenges your instruction."

"I know. Dracarys, Tyraxes."

A warm cloud of the most beautiful red hue engulfed the poor sheep, reduced to nothing but ashes as the spectators, her siblings along with Aemond and Aegon, look away ever so slightly. 

The latter approaches her, slowly, quietly, he places his hands on her shoulders. "You must teach me your tricks."

"An old dog is unable to teach new tricks, Aegon."