Chapter 27

When Hope opened her eyes she looked around in a state of panic. Her gaze eventually stopped on Josie who was eating some hospital food. The girl calmed down and took a deep breath.

"Jo? what happened."

The brunette looked toward her and smiled slightly "oh someone finally decides to wake up only took you a few hours."

"Where are the babies?"

"Lizzie went up with them while they got their hearing and eye tests done," the brunette said and Hope nodded.

Hope stood up and rubbed her eyes "god two babies, I don't know how the doctor didn't see that on the ultrasound machine months ago" she shook her head.

"Well our daughter is a lot smaller than our son, me and Lizzie were thinking she was hiding behind him every time an ultrasound was done."

"Daughter?" Hope smiled.

"Daughter" Josie nodded and the shorter girl came toward her and placed a kiss on her lips.

"Woah Woah there are babies in the room" they heard Lizzie say as she wheeled the portable crib into the room. Hope immediately pulled away from Josie and blushed.

"Well, both babies can see and hear perfectly."

"Do you want to meet your children?" Josie smiled and looked up at Hope who was staring at the sleeping babies.

"Yes," she swallowed and nodded quickly.

Lizzie gently picked up their daughter and slowly handed her off to Josie before picking up their son and handing him to her "I'm going to give you 4 a moment" she smiled before walking out.

"Hi there handsome..." she says looking down at her son who let out a little whine.
Hope slowly sat next to Josie on the hospital bed, laying their son next to his sister on the pillow in the brunette's lap.

"They are so beautiful" Hope laid her head on Josie's shoulder as she stoked the baby's cheek.

"He has your hair" Josie grinned.

Hope smiled and looked over at her "we still need names, have you had any in mind."

"I have a few."

Both of their families were very surprised when they were sent photos of two babies in the family group chat.

Rebekah asking if they had kidnapped another baby. While everyone else used their common sense and put together that Josie had twins.

Overall everyone was extremely happy about the two new editions to the Mikaelson-Salvatore families.

-

On the day they got to bring the twins home Hope had to go out and purchase an additional car seat since they thought they were only having one so bought one.

"She looks so small in there," Josie said as she buckled up their daughter.

"She's fine Jo," Hope said buckling up their son and putting the small blue beanie on the boy "so your tiny head doesn't get cold" she leaned down and kissed her son's head who whined.

"Are you two ready to go?" the nurse smiled "I have your discharge papers all ready to sign."

Josie nodded and took the pen and clipboard from the nurse, signing her signature on her discharge papers.

Soon after signing the two packed everything up, and Josie was wheeled out of the hospital room by the nurse while Hope carried both car seats that had the babies in them down to the car.

"Hope what if we get in a crash and the babies are in the car" Josie shook her head.

"I'm a safe driver Jo, plus that's what car seats are for, everything will be fine okay?" Hope gave her a reassuring smile before she set the baby's car seats into the car seat base, making sure they were securely in the car.

The brunette slowly got up from the wheelchair, wincing a bit before getting into the backseat and sitting in the middle of the twins so she could watch them.

When Hope got in the driver's seat she adjusted her mirror and looked at Josie "ready to go?" she smiled and the brunette nodded.

-

When they got to their apartment complex Hope opened the door and helped Josie out. When the brunette went to take one of the car seats out the shorter girl immediately stopped her.

"I thought you weren't supposed to carry anything heavy after birth."

"Hope I'm not supposed to carry anything heavier than our babies in their carriers I promise this is fine," she said taking out their son. Hope just rolled her eyes before taking out their daughter.

When Hope took out the keys to their apartment and went in followed by Josie they were met with a surprise. They saw their families in the living room, the wall had a welcome home banner, and there were a few gifts on the coffee table.

"My grandbabies are here" Hayley stood up and went towards them.

"You guys did not have to do all this" Josie looked around.

"We wanted to come to meet the new babies, of course, we had to," Rebekah said.

Hope and Josie set the twins on the coffee table and their families bent down and looked at them.

"Oh my goodness, they look like Hope when she was little" Hayley said looking up at Klaus with a smile.

"The mikaelson genes are strong" Klaus nodded.

"I see the baby now!" Henrik pushed through the adults and came to look at the twins "they are so pretty!" he looked up at Hope "this tour baby Hopey?"

"Yes they are my babies" she smiled and bent down to look at the babies with him.

"Good job honey" Caroline pulled her daughter into a hug "they are perfect" she whispered in her daughter's ear."

"What are their names?" Rebekah asked.

"Andrea Olivia Mikaelson and Lucas Alexander Mikaelson" Hope said looking at their families.

"Oh, how original you just used your middle names" Lizzie rolled her eyes.