𝖙𝖜𝖔:𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙

*not edited*

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆·˚ ༘ *

ೃ࿔*:・⋆·˚ ༘ *

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆·˚ ༘ *▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

   "𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏   well?" Celaena's mother asked her softly, drawing her eyes away from the window━━ and the city lying beneath them. It was a hot day and she truly felt sorry for her mother and the way she had to suffer in this heat.

Celaena smiled, "Of course." The lie slipped easily from her mouth as her nails scratched at her wrist.

Last night was a difficult one for the eldest heir of the kingdom. She took too long to fall asleep because of fear and then woke up to early because of the blood stained sheets and screaming that haunted her restless mind.

The Queen studied her carefully, catching sight of a splash of red paint staining her light purple dress.

Celaena went to hide it but her mother had already seen. Her way of copying with the bad dreams betrayed her, it would seem.

"Celaena..." Soft eyes pierced Celaena's in concern and the young Princess shook her head.

Her hand clutched her mother's, "White bleeds red and the red comes from steel." The words tumbled out urgently, in panic, before Celaena relaxed again. "I just wanted to paint something pretty for my littlest sibling's nursery. No bad dreams." She lied again, meeting the eyes of her mother for a moment only, before she looked away.

Her mother did not look convinced but smiled nonetheless, "I'm sure it will be a beautiful piece my darling." Aemma leaned forward as best as she could with her huge pregnant belly. "Now tell me what else bothers you."

Celaena's wide eyes found her mother's again, then moved at their hands.

Her mother laughed. "I brought you into this world, my dear and watched as you could only handle two people holding you in their arms other than me until you were three." Celaena received and look of knowing from her mother and her shoulders sagged.

She pushed her lips together, for a moment. "Where's Daemon?" Celaena asked quietly, curiously.

Close to a month now and the Rogue Prince was no where to be seen. Had he  even cared she was back? Probably not.  She thought dejectedly. He never visited either.

Celaena hadn't seen her Uncle since she last came to King's Landing. While she could understand his dislike for the Vale it still hurt he never visited. What pushed those thoughts away was the various books he always sent her.