𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 81: 𝐸𝑔𝑔𝑠-𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑖𝑠𝑒

Start from the beginning

And at that, everyone ran in a separate direction, scattering throughout the dojo.

Miguel, Demitri, and I all ran in the same direction. And, lucky for me, so did Eli...

We all stood together on the other end of the yard, pretty far away from Chozen. We didn't really know what else to do until Chozen began hunting us down, so we all took a seat.

I sat next to Miguel, while Eli and Demitri sat next to each other across from us. I noticed Miguel looking at something to my left, so I turned and looked as well.

It was Robby and Sam, talking and laughing together across the yard. I felt bad for Miguel, looking back to him with sympathy.

"Look at him trying to move in on her. Dude, if you want me to, I'll kick his ass," Eli spoke, watching the situation too. I rolled my eyes and looked at Eli.

"Maybe they're just catching up with each other. Stop jumping to conclusions. It doesn't work well for you," I told him. Eli looked back at me.

"I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'm just trying to help." Eli's face was serious.

"Sure, if helping means to make up a story in your head before knowing the actual situation."

Eli stood up quickly, making me to the same right after. "I do know the situation," he stated firmly, pointing a finger towards Robby and Sam. "They are not just catching up, or asking for help. He is clearly still in love with her, even though someone else is still waiting for her to come back!"

I chuckled, annoyed. "You see! This is what I mean! This is exactly why I don't want to talk to you! You never see how much of a fucking idiot you're being!" I stormed off, pushing past Eli and walking quickly towards the front of the dojo.

☞︎ THIRD-PERSON POV ☜︎

Eli stood in place, his jaw clenched while his hands ran through his hair quickly. He sat back down without another word, his face in his hands.

Demitri and Miguel looked awkwardly at each other in silence. Eli eventually spoke up. "I'm sorry, Miguel," he apologized quietly.

"It's ok, man. Just... can I give you some advice?" Miguel asked. Eli looked up at him quickly, his eyes begging for Miguel to continue.

"Give Y/n her space. Her mom is a tough subject for her, but she always finds her way back. She just has to be alone to think about it. Trust me, I learned this the hard way. It might be hard for you, I get it, but it won't be for long."

Eli stared at Miguel in silence, carefully processing his words. Eli finally nodded his head slowly, looking down to the ground.

Then, a loud whistle sounded through the air. Everyone at the dojo heard, and turned their head towards the noise.

That was the signal of the start of the exercise.

Eli, Demitri, and Miguel all stood up. Eli looked down at the egg in his hand, while Demitri began speaking. "Looks like the Hunger Games have begun. Luckily, I have eggs-ecuted the perfect plan. When I win, everyone will have egg on their face. They'll be shell-shocked. The yolk will be on them-"

"Yeah, yeah. We get it. What's your plan?" Eli asked. Demitri raised his eyebrows and pointed to Eli. "I'm glad you asked."

Demitri looked around quickly, before picking something up. "I have created a protective covering." He placed a small dome over his egg. "I made it out of my college prep book for blunt force impact, and I tied the whole thing together with an old spool of dental floss, and... my left shoe lace." Demitri lifted up his foot.