15.

"Wow making your mum do labor..", I sarcastically said to Marco as he set up his temporary sleeping mattress.

"Yeah yeah whatever", Marco says as he huffs after putting some sheets on.

"Okay Y/n, I need to get my beauty sleep now.", Marco mumbled as he shuffled to switch the lights off.

"Pfft, what beauty-", I flinched again as another loud struck of lightning hit, trying very hard not to cover my ears because what kind of grown girl would be scared of lightning right?

Luckily Marco turned the lights off before he saw whatever movements I had just made.

With the lights off and the soft glow of the moon peeking from the shutters, Marco tried to make it back to his spot on the floor.

"Ouch, son of a-", I heard Marco loudly whisper as he boinked something in the dark.

I quietly giggled hearing him suffer.

"Awh is wittle baby Marco alwighttt?", I teased him in a baby voice.

"Oh shut up will you", he tolerated as I could already imagine him rolling his eyes.

He finally made it to his sleeping spot. So basically he was right beside me, just a little lower.

"Thanks for letting me sleep on this beautiful spacious double bed..", I said as I stretched myself out.

"Well, I mean it was against my will. But you're so very welcome ma'am.", he gave a low chuckle.

This time another really loud lightning strike had got the best of me. I let out a small gasp and squinted my eyes shut. No way, Marco didn't notice this now.

I heard him moving below me, then I saw the shadow of his big head as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Are you okay..?", he asked softly.

I shrugged, then slowly shook my head.

He sighed and I barely saw him give off a small smile.

"Okay fatty, move over..", he whispered as he slowly climbed onto the bed and under the covers.

As I moved over in the bed, I didn't feel uncomfortable or anything which was surprising but not at the same time?

Another struck of lightning had hit and I physically flinched again, shaking the bed a little.

"C'mere you scaredy cat.", he hushed as he opened his arms.

I quickly wriggled over to him, laying my head against his chest.

"Thank you..", I whispered.

"Anytime ugly.", he whispered back.

Marco gently put his hand on my back and one on my head petting it like a little dog.

My head against his chest, I could hear his heart. It was beating super fast?

"Marco, are you about to have a heart attack or something?", I spoke into his chest, muffled.

"HUh?", his voice cracked.

"Oh uh, I'm actually scared of the lighting and thunder too-", he quickly said.

"Hm, ok.", I mumbled, closing my eyes.

His embrace was so warm and I've never felt so safe. Ugh, I don't like him. He's just a very close friend to me that's why, right?

All of a sudden, there is a small creak coming from Marco's door and the sound of small footsteps coming towards the bed.

Marco and I perched our heads up towards the noise.

"Marco, Y/n can I sleep with you guys please, I'm scared..", a little Annaliese is quietly saying this at the foot of his bed.

"Yeah of course, of course, come here Anna", Marco said with the softest tone ever.

I shuffled over as the small Annaliese climbed in the middle of Marco and I to lay down.

As she got comfy Marco and I both cuddled her.

I look up to him and I am met with his sweet gaze looking towards me, I give him a soft smile.

I then flinch at another struck of lighting, this time I felt Marco's warm hand slithering into mine, I clutch onto it tightly out of reflex.

Soon all three of us gave into the deep slumber that awaited us.

----

Author's Note

Hiii another chapterr!! I know knoww, let's hope I continue to be this consistant..

Anyways hoped you guyss enjoyed thiss and the little spark Marco and Y/n had between theemm heheheeee

(guna rewatch the kissing booth again <3)

xoxoxoxox