"Woah!" Margaret whooshes towards Cora, staring at the sparkles on her cheek.
"Why are you sparkling?" Cora raises a brow, confusion evident before she remembers.
"Oh, yeah. In the sun we glow like disco balls. Which is why we don't go out during the day, or at least when it's sunny out—"

Cora cuts herself off, snapping her head to look at the door when she notices the faint sounds of unfamiliar footsteps nearing her door.
She's memorized the sound of Jane's light clacking,  Demetri's elegant steps, and even Caius' annoying angry stomps.

But these ones were soft and within moments, Cora felt happy. An unknown smile tugging at her lips as she glances towards Margaret who's also smiling.

The doors open and a short, elegant looking woman stepping inside, a soft smile on her lips.
"Cora, I'm so excited to finally meet you." The woman squeals with an all too familiar tone. She was somewhat like Aro with his childish tone but she seemed kind.

"Who are you?" Cora asks, tilting her head lightly. She looked familiar too. Blood red eyes, long black hair. It finally clicks in her brain, causing her eyes to widen and her brows to furrow.
"I'm Didyme! Marcus' mate and Aro's sister." She beams, the infectionous smile causing both Cora and Margaret to beam as well.

"Didyme, It's nice to meet you too I guess.." Suddenly, Cora's smile drops, her mind whirling with questions as she looks up at the happy woman, who slowly starts to loose her smile as she notices Cora's horrified expression.
"What is it? Is there something in my face? I knew this lipstick was an odd color." She groans, wiping the liquid lip off her lips.

"No... It's not that— it's just.. I—" Cora stills, turning back towards Margaret, curiosity swirling in the Cullens eyes.
She turns back towards Didyme, opening her mouth slightly, almost cautious of the words that were to come out of her mouth.

"Didyme... I know this may seem odd but—" Didyme cuts her off, wiping the lipstick into her black sleeves.
"What? You look like you've just seen a ghost! Has Jane never told you of me—"

"You died over 3,000 years ago! You were killed by some rogue vampire, don't you remember?"

The world seems to go quiet for Didyme. Her eyes glossing over, a sudden emptiness evident in them. She slowly stares down at her hands, a now noticeable translucency causing them to be slightly see through.

"You're right..." Her eyes widen, the happiness in the room suddenly disappearing. "I did die—" The door behind Didyme opens quickly, her body turning into gas as she floats away into nothing.

"Cora, your little Cullen Clan has some trouble coming for them." Demetri states, only now noticing the distraught expressions on Cora and Margaret's faces. 

"Did I miss something?"

A/N: soooo this chapter is a bit confusingggg but it'll make sense soon

A/N: soooo this chapter is a bit confusingggg but it'll make sense soon. 😏
ANYWAYS, MB FOR NOT UPDATING BUT LIKE TLOU JUST CAME OUT AND SO DID THE BAD BATCH SO LIKE IVE BEEN OBSESSED WITH THOSE AND NOT TWILIGHT.
but here I am, and i might have already planned out the next few chapters 😌
HOPE U ENJOY

also, if you like star wars, mermaids and sirens, or just the clone wars in general, make sure to read my newly published book that has literally
no reads 🫶🏽

thank you guys for all the stars and all the love!! ALSO I USED TO COMMENT ON EVERYONES PROFILE WHEN THEY WOULD ADD MY STORY TO ONE OF THEIR LITTLE LISTS, but now there are so many people adding my story to their reading lists that i can't keep track!! it warms my heart to know that you guys enjoy my books, ily all!!<33

written: 01/10/2023