𝟏𝟒.

𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀'𝐒 newborn isn't very happy.
"You know, you're the one who agreed to this." Cora shrugs, turning away from the newborn and taking a seat on her bed.
"Yes, but I never wanted to become one of
you...you bloodsuckers!" Margaret exclaims.

Once Margaret awakened she had finally told her creator her name. Margaret Baker. How bland.
She had been visiting Italy with her older cousin who was only around 19. Margaret is only 17 which sucks but she would've died anyways if Cora didn't turn her.

Cora doesn't really feel any sympathy for the girl. It's not like this was forced on her. Margaret had asked for her help because she didn't want to die.
No, Margaret isn't necessarily dead. She's just not human anymore.

"Listen to me." The Cullen states, turning her head to look at Margaret.
"Any person in this castle would be happy to kill you, all you have to do is ask. So stop whining. You either stay here under my protection or one of them tears your head off." Margaret seems to shut up after that, only scoffing to herself and laying flat on the floor of her room.

Cora picks up a book in an attempt to read, but the newborn has many things to say.
"I can hear everything. It's cool." She whispers.
"I know." It's quiet for a few moments when Cora notices something. She lifts her head away from the pages, and turns her head to look at Margaret curiously.
"You're weirdly... controlled for a newborn. Why aren't you eating the entire city?" Margaret doesn't reply, only shrugging.
"I always have been good at controlling myself. Maybe my vampirism enhanced that."
"It's not unheard of." Cora hums.

From what Cordelia has studied of her newborn so far, it's that she would blend in fairly easily with humans, besides the eyes. She doesn't feel the need to murder everyone nearby and she's taking this all rather well. Cora wishes she was that controlled.

"Well how—"
"Hush." Cora shushes, feeling the pull of her mate as she nears. Soon enough Margaret's head follows, her gaze also watching the door. Cordelia's bedroom doors opens and Jane walks in, her expression blank as she gazes at Cora, taking in her reddish eyes. She must've had a little sip when turning the girl. The blonde tilts her head to the side once seeing the newborn.
"Maybe I shouldn't have left her in your room."
"Probably not." Cora jokes, her gaze returning to the book.

"Aro requested you both."
"Mmm... Tell him I'm on my period." Jane scoffs, her gaze returning to her mate.
"You don't have a period. You can't have kids."
"Well then tell him I'm depressed because I can't have kids!" Cora waves her off, pretending to read when she's really watching Jane out of the corner of her eye.

Cora could act like she hated her all she wanted. She could say rude things, joke and laugh at her, and even scream at her. And after all that, she still can't bring herself to hate Jane for keeping her hostage. But she can be mad.

It's quiet for a few moments, Margaret glancing between the two of them.
Jane blinks a few times before finally leaving, shutting the door behind her.

"Why do you hate her? You guys had some sort of argument whilst I was semi-unconscious on the ground." Margaret questions as she sits up, massaging the back of her neck to ease the nonexistent ball of muscles.

"Because she's a bitch. You should hate her too. She's the one who dragged you in here."
It's around noon outside, so the sun was now shining through the large window in her room and reflecting off of Cora's cheek.