Chapter 8: Edolas

A/N: I decided to skip the Daphne arc because even though I had rewatched it twice, I still couldn't figure out a way to write it. Gray's thoughts and feelings were too fragmented for me to smooth them out and weave them into Erza's storyline. As such, I just skipped it to avoid completely butchering both of their characters, the rest of the filler episodes happened the same way they did in the anime.

So we have Edolas in this chapter instead. Earthland Erza will still be Erza as usual while Edolas Erza will be referred to as Knightwalker or The Knight.

Enjoy :)

**********

It was rainy season in Magnolia, the weather was starting to get colder. Erza had switched from her normal strawberry milkshake in favor of hot strawberry tea.

Because of the heavy downpour, no one was motivated for any mission at the moment, so most of them were congregated in the guild hall, enjoying the peaceful atmosphere with their friends.

Of course, peace was never meant to last with this bunch.

Erza smiled amusedly at the sight of Gray taking advantage of Natsu sleeping to draw cat whiskers on his face with Lucy and Juvia standing next to them, the blonde happily chimed in helpful suggestions while Juvia enthusiastically cheered Gray on as usual. Plue was with them too, it seemed like Lucy had the habit of summoning Plue whenever she was in a playful mood or wanted some company.

"My, my. They sure are childish sometimes, aren't they?" Mirajane chuckled from behind the bar and gave Erza her cup of tea.

"It can't be helped. They are a few years younger than us, Mira. It was in their nature, and their rights, to exhibit some childishness at times. Doesn't explain why Cana is also over there with them though." Erza turned her head to look at Mirajane. The white-haired mage had put on a heavy coat over her normal attire and held an umbrella in one hand. "Are you going now? It's still raining outside..."

"It's fine, Erza. The rain doesn't seem like it's going to let up soon."

"...Do you want me to go with you?" Erza asked, concerned. She really didn't like the idea of Mira having to go out into this rain alone. "I won't go in, I promise. I will just wait for you outside the church."

Mira smiled at her, the pleasant one that was both strange and familiar at the same time. Mira didn't smile at her like that all those years ago, but she had seen enough of it in the past two years to recognize the feelings underneath.

Appreciated. Touched. But still, distant.

"Elfman is with me. I'll be alright, don't worry. Besides, someone needs to be here to keep an eye on our friends, don't you think?"

Erza knew it was not the right time to be insistent. This was a family matter, after all. She could go visit Lisanna some other day, when it wasn't too painful for the Take Over mage to be reminded of her loss, "Alright, please do be careful. Come, I can walk you out."

Had it only been two years since the accident happened? Sometimes, Erza still felt like it was a whole lifetime away. A happier, simpler time.

It wasn't until Mira and Elfman's shadows had disappeared into the heavy rain that Erza heard Lucy ask out loud, curiously, "I wonder why Mira and Elfman are visiting the church on a day like this."

The blonde had only been here with them a few months. She didn't know.

Erza walked over to join the group, punching both Gray and Natsu on her way to break them up, "It's almost the anniversary of Lisanna's death. Mira and Elfman's younger sister."