Chapter 7: Oracion Seis

A/N: Oracion Seis means Six Prayers in Spanish. It is poetic, in a way.

**********

It had been quiet after the incident with Laxus and the Thunder Legion. Erza and the others completed some simple missions in the following weeks without any complications. Master was out of town on a regular conference at the Magic Council and everyone was simply chilling at the guild after a long, tiresome job.

Erza was happily munching on her strawberry cake when her eyes caught Mira and Reedus putting up some kind of visual chart in the air in the middle of the guild. The concentrated expression on the white-haired mage enticed the redhead's curiosity and she decided to wander over to get a closer look.

It appeared other people had the same idea and within a few minutes there was a small crowd of mages gathering in a half-circle around Mira and Reedus. They looked on curiously as Mira explained to them about the Baram Alliance of dark guilds, how their activities had spiked in the last couple of weeks and warned their guildmates to take extra precautions during missions.

Erza knew about the existence of the majority of dark guilds in Fiore but upon taking a second look, she was struck by how many of them there were. Some of them were even official guilds once.

Everyone was speculating about how powerful Oracion Seis was with just six members when Master Makarov came back with the news that they were to form a coalition with three other guilds in a joint mission to obliterate the dark guild.

It was a smart move, Erza nodded decisively. With such a powerful enemy this time, if any of the legal guilds took them on alone, they would have the entire Baram Alliance out for their blood in no time. They needed to utilize their strength in numbers. Members from Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale, and Cait Shelter would be working with them on this mission.

And so, team Natsu set out to the rendezvous point the next day, having been chosen by Master to represent Fairy Tail. In terms of magical power, they might not be the greatest setup Fairy Tail could offer the coalition, but they had been a team for quite a considerable time now, already familiar with working with each other and Erza knew this was the advantage they had. This was their first joint operation with other guilds, so it was important that they knew how to cooperate within their own guild first.

Her concern proved to be a justified one as people started arguing among themselves just a few minutes after meeting each other for the first time. Erza really couldn't stand that Ichiya, personality wise, the man made goosebumps break out everywhere on her skin in the most appalling way possible. No one knew how to get on her nerves as effectively as that disturbing man, no matter how good of a wizard he was.

It took the last member of Cait Shelter arriving and Jura stepping up to chastise them all for wasting time arguing like immature children to refocus them on the mission at hand.

Erza could sense there was something about Wendy Marvell that made her different from any other mage she had met. Perhaps it had something to do with the type of magic the girl used. It might explain why Cait Shelter decided to only send one member on such a major operation.

Still, she was just a little girl, and Erza slapped each of the Trimen on the back of their heads for immediately getting their grubby paws all over the timid kid like that.

Ichiya began to explain the mission, along with all the intel they had gathered on Nirvana and each Demon General of Oracion Seis. They had just finished drafting somewhat of a temporary strategy for attack when Natsu, the impatient hothead, got excited and broke out into a sprint toward the woods where Oracion Seis was predicted to be without waiting for anyone.

Erza seriously considered putting a leash on Natsu sometimes.

------------------------------