Chapter 2

The next morning, a huge headache bombarded Eda and all the friends who had stayed over at Selin's house.

Eda got out of bed and rubbed her eyes, noticing that she hadn't removed make up from her face the night before.
After a big yawn, she got up trying not to wake up Melo and Ceren who were still sleeping happily in their hangover.

Eda took a quick tour of the bathroom and then headed to the kitchen, where a good smell of coffee came from, just what she needed.

There she found Selin, sitting on the high chairs around the kitchen peninsula, with her hands massaging her temples, in a complete state of hangover.

- Günaydın bebeğim!

Selin immediately turned to Eda's words and smiled back, muttering.

- Edacim, next time remind me not to do shots competitions with you!

Eda smiled, aware that at least she would certainly not have given up anymore neither to shot competitions and maybe not even to an invitation to a party.

Eda poured a cup of coffee for herself and noticed how Selin stretched her cup toward her, implicitly asking to fill it again.

- All this coffee won't let you sleep for the next 6 days!

Eda exclaimed, laughing and pouring coffee under Selin's threatening eyes, who if she wouldn't have received more caffeine, would have pulled all of Eda's hair.

- That is a risk I am ready to take!

Selin smiled, sipping her coffee. Eda noticed a tray of sweets on the table and, being greedy, could not help but fly to it and start the patrol in search of his favorite.

- I don't know how people in the world like white chocolate! The other day we talked about it with the guys and everyone agreed that nobody likes it!

Selin asserted, looking at Eda intently focused on her choice.

- Hey! White chocolate is my absolute favorite! I should reconsider my friendship with each of you if you think so!

Eda replied, annoyed but with an ironic tone.

- Well, that dessert tray is all yours then! Pretty much half of those desserts is with white chocolate!

And it was true: Eda noticed that almost every pastry was filled with white chocolate cream, covered with a white chocolate pour or had a white chocolate bar as decoration.

- Well, the bakery you ordered this tray from must really love me!

Eda asserted, taking the biggest of the treats and starting to taste it.

- Me? No, I don't even have the strength to get up from this chair, how can you think I have the strength to order breakfast! I woke up to the sound of the bell and found a sweaty Serkan Bolat coming back from his morning run with this tray in his hand!

Eda turned her gaze to another side, to avoid encountering Selin's one, who stared at her as she uttered that sentence, as if she knew it would stir something in her.

Eda turned red as a tomato and cleared her voice, trying not to think about the inevitable hypothesis that Serkan remembered her love for white chocolate.

And suddenly, she remembered the conversation she had the previous night with him: she believed that it was all in her imagination, as if she were immersed in a dream clouded by vodka.
But, actually, she could still feel his beard rubbing against her cheek, his breath becoming heavy behind her ear and his lips gently caressing her skin.

And then, she remembered his promise.

"I promise that one day I will marry you, Eda Yildiz."

Why were those words struck to her memory? He was clearly much more drunk than she was, and there was no hope that he would remember the amount of nonsense he had told her.