How to catch a thief

They followed the police officer to the station to see who was the call about."Officer who was the thief do you know?".Asked Simon."Well I don't think you know this person,but he has a black hoodie".Said Officer Jankans.Simon sighed knowing it could not have been his brother.Dave had started to give up.Officer Jankans started working on a plan to catch the theif unaware that the person of interest is across the street at a store stealing.Stealing all sorts things such as mini motorcycles, phones and many other expensive items. Alvin was standing lookout.Dave walked outside frustrated."I miss you Alvin, please come home please".He said. Brittany hopped onto Dave's shoulder to comfort him,when she saw a flash of fur from the corner of her eye."Wait Dave look maybe he knows where Alvin is". Brittany told him pointing at Alvin.Dave looked over at the chipmunk then walked over to him and kneeled in front of him."Son have you seen my son? His name is Alvin, I'm getting worried about him".Said Dave on the edge of tearing up.Alvin looked at his worried father,then at the bag he had full of stolen items,then back at Dave.Taking a deep breath,Alvin lied to Dave stating that he hasn't "seen nor heard of "him.

Dave sunk onto the floor, feeling hopeless.Alvin started to walk away,but then he looked back at his dad's helpless state. What made him stop was the fact Dave was crying. Brittany noticed how he stopped,she went over to him."Is there something you're not telling us mister?". Alvin's heart rate started raising.Not because he liked Brittany,but of the fact that she would find out who he was."Become if it's you Alvin.. tell us now Dave misses you". Alvin started crying realizing how much he missed them.He wanted to go home, but he wasn't the same midnight blue-eyed,troublemaking chipmunk anymore.He had a new family.One that doesn't accuse him of doing wrong."I'm sorry Miss,but I have to go".He said then took off sadly.Once he made it to his crew's house.He sat on a bean bag. One of the crew members noticed tears in his eyes,scurried over to him."Hey man why you crying Smooth?"Asked Brooklyn,calling Alvin by his Crew nickname."I just saw my dad crying.And asking if I have seen myself.I told him no,so I don't get caught and be taken home".Alvin said tearfully.Brooklyn smiled knowing he missed his family.She knows what he's going throu."Sounds like you miss them,yaknow Smooth,go home you should be with them".She smiled."if they asked if you took anything or were part of the heist tell them you don't know or weren't part of it.Go home".She shoved him gently.Alvin did just that.He ran back to Dave tearfully."DAAAAAAVE".He shouted running straight to his father's arms.Dave noticing this was rather confused.Why was this chipmunk hugging him and how did he know Dave's name?.Sensing Dave's confusion, Alvin told him.Who he was.Dave hugged him tight crying.His son was home.

Once they arrived home,Alvin's fur returned back to it's original reddish-brown and he was back in his original red hoodie.How he missed it.

Alvin was home.Finally