Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

L: "Anyways, what do you need..me..for?"

F: "I'm afraid I was told not to tell you. Cemal said that I wasn't supposed to."

The backpack groaned and rolled his eyes.

L: "Course he f***ing did. Fine, do what you need.."

F: "Great, please follow me."

Liam stood up and walked towards the man before him, he sort of towered over him. Not a fun thing to see up close.

F: "Oh geez.."

L: "What?"

F: "I was told that you were tall but I didn't expect you to be THIS tall!"

L: "Can we just get this over with!?"

F: "Right..."

The two exit the room and begin to walk down the hallway. Usually when Liam is taken out of the room by Cemal, the left is the way to go as it's the direction of the sample and test room but they instead took the right this time. Hadn't ever gone this way, Liam didn't know what to expect.

[06:37AM]

After what seemed like an eternity, Flann stopped at a door which prompted Liam to stop as well. The scientist opened it with his card and the two walked in.

F: "I just need you to sit on that table there and I'll inform you on what we're doing."

The backpack made his short journey towards the table and sat down on it. It was low. Something immediately sprouted up from his memory.

L: "Didn't you say that you weren't allowed to tell me what you're doing?"

F: "Well, that was for before you got here. Cemal said that if you knew before we left, you wouldn't co-operate well."

L: "Well, you gonna elaborate?"

F: "I need to preform a search on you but before I do, are you comfortable with me doing this?"

L: "Why are you asking me this like you actually give a f**k? We both know that whatever I say won't affect what's happening because you'll go ahead with it anyways. Also why is a search even needed?"

F: "Cemal said that he saw some things from you and wanted a search to be done and I'm asking because I care? I thought that made sense. Why would you think I don't? Are the others not what they seem?"

L: "Doesn't matter but why are you even asking me if I'm comfortable with it? Just do whatever the hell you need to do just to get this over with. Not like this hasn't happened before..."

F: "What do you mean "Not like this hasn't happened before."?"

L: "I've been searched before and it was because I was accused on multiple occasions on robbing sh*t from stores so I had to be searched by the cops. The thing is, I've only stolen TWICE and it was outside of my state AND I wasn't caught by police! Funny how that works..."

F: "What?"

Oh sh*t. He f**ked up, didn't he?

L: "Forget I said anything and just...do what you're doing."

Flann nodded and approached the backpack. He went for the side zips first, pulling one of them around the the other side, revealing a completely empty compartment. He pulled the zip back and moved to Liam's pouch. It would be only now that Liam remembered all the sh*t he had in it and panicked but it would be too late. Flann had opened the pouch and saw everything.