Chapter Sixteen

Unfortunate enough as it was, Liam's movements were enough to wake Evelyn up, however, she didn't immediately get up but instead tried to look at the backpack without him noticing. He seemed stressed, she assumed that he was since he was fidgeting with his front zipper. Liam, being aware as ever, felt like he was being stared at and he looked at the girl to his right.

L: "Oh, you're..awake. How are you feeling?"

Evelyn sat up and moved to the edge of the bed, she tried her best to make eye contact with the backpack but when he's sitting down, his face goes below her own, it may be considered odd since he's taller than the girl but that's what happens when you're a backpack. Evelyn thought for a second before trying to answer, she didn't know how to feel at the moment after having her blood drawn a while ago. She managed to mutter something.

E: "I'm..fine. What about you? Are you okay? You seem stressed."

L: "I'm okay, I'm just thinking about what'll happen when I get out of this place. I'm not stressed."

E: "Are you sure Mr. Plecak? You're making the same face mama does when she's stressed and that happens a lot. She says it something about "bills". I don't know who Bill is or why there are so many of them stressing mama out, it's very mean of them!"

Liam couldn't help but chuckle lightly at Evelyn's misunderstanding of what bills are. She was such a sweet and innocent girl, she didn't deserve to be in here. She didn't deserve to be lied to. These thoughts began to lead onto others, what would Cemal try to do to her? What if he can't stop the crazed f**ker and that worries him. Liam immediately shoved those thoughts to the side, he'll worry the poor girl if he doesn't move or talk.

L: "Well, if we meet again when we're out of here, I'll find those Bills and give them a good old talking to so they stop pestering your mother."

E: "Really!?"

L: "Of course!"

E: "Yeah, that'll teach them! Oh, maybe when you're done with those meanies, you can come to my house and meet mama! I think she'd like you, she likes everyone!"

L: "We'll just have to see if I'm available when that happens. Anyways, there's food by the bed on the trays if your hungry. Hopefully nothings in it."

E: "What was that last part, I couldn't hear you."

L: "Nothing, don't worry about it."

E: "Okay!"

Evelyn hopped off the bed and sat down by her tray, she began picking off it. The backpack didn't move much other than leaning back against the wall once again, this time was more comfortable since he didn't have to watch out for a pair of legs. He glanced back up to the vent before looking down at his pouch. Why was he told to store them? It was in his mind, so there's no way that any of that stuff is-...

L: "What the fu..."

Liam had opened the front zip and everything was in his pouch.

L: "How the hell did he do that?"

The backpack continued to stare at his pouch in shock, how did he manage to get everything back here? How was it here? It was in his mind, was it not? But then again, a lot of sh*t has happened to Liam within the past seven to eight months, it's confusing, sure, but it's not the weirdest thing to happen.

L: "It's not important at the moment, it's not Tuesday...Just close the zip and wa....ait...What's that?"

Liam notices a light green sheet in his pouch, wasn't there before and he wouldn't have missed it due to it not being close to his own green. He takes the sheet out and finds a note on the back. The backpack read what was written:

𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓪𝓫𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓴𝓲𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓫𝓪𝓫𝓵𝔂 𝓰𝓮𝓽 𝓫𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓭. 𝓛𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓾𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓼𝓮 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓫𝓾𝓼𝔂. 

- 𝓢𝓱𝓸𝓭𝓪

L: "Guess I know what you want to go by now. Seems better than the ones I thought of.....You have his handwriting as well..."

E: "Mr. Plecak, are you okay?"

L: "Hmm? Oh, yes Evelyn, I'm fine. Just talking to myself again."

Liam looked down to the girl, she had finished her tray and was now just sitting and looking at the taller backpack.

L: "I..have something for you."

E: *Gasp* Really!?

Evelyn stands up and takes a few steps towards the backpack, now standing beside him. Liam hands her the sheet, completely unaware of what it was because he didn't check the other side but to his surprise, Evelyn's face lit up. Must be good then. She smiles and rushes to hug the backpack, who hugs her in return.

E: "AH! HOW DID YOU KNOW THESE WERE MY FAVOURITE THINGS EVER!? I LOVE STICKERS!"

L: "I took a lucky guess and I can see that it was a good one."

E: "Thank you, papa!"

Liam swore that his entire body just stopped upon hearing that last word. He swore he stopped breathing, he swore that his heart stopped beating, he swore that his mind was playing tricks again but he knew that it was all true, she had really called him that without even realising it. Evelyn had let go of the hug a minute ago, while Liam thought he died, and she was putting stickers on the bed frame happily and was completely oblivious to what she had done to her new father figure.

L: "N-No pro-blem Eve."

That was all he could muster out. It would take a few minutes before the shock wore off, wouldn't it? Once Liam had gotten back to normal, he looked in his pouch again and pulled out the timetable. What day was it, what did he say again? Saturday? Yeah, Saturday. Three days till he starts. Roll on Sunday.

(Literally sorry for the short chapter. Its a wholesome one, I guess but all the books may take longer to update as I haven't been feeling the best since Saturday. Coincidence I THINK NOT Jk but anyways, enjoy dad-pack.)