Chapter Thirteen

Same room, same tables, same old sh*t. Liam was in the testing room due to his offer of Cemal being allowed to put more sh*tty needles in him. He wasn't sitting on the table anymore because of his growth, it increased last night and had reached its limit which was exactly six foot, so he sat on a chair by the table. The backpack was inpatiently tapping his foot on the floor while the slightly taller man was rooting through some drawers to his right.

L: "What are you even looking for?"

C: "Nothing of your concern, really but if you must know then it's a clipboard. Unfortunately, you won't be having any tests today but rather you'll be questioned. There are a lot of things about you that I want answers for."

L: "How will you know if I'm even telling the truth?"

C: "Another reason why you should remember you're advanced."

Cemal chuckled at his own reminder and obviously Liam wasn't having it.

L: "You keep bringing that up. You just slapped a metal bracelet to my ankle and called it a day. How does that make me "advanced"? All it does is flash a little red light."

C: "You haven't had the chance to experience it because you've been behaving..to some degree but I'm sure you will when we start."

Finally after what seemed like forever, Cemal had found that damned clipboard and he sat down on a chair infront of the green backpack. He pulled a pen out of his pocket along with a small remote that had Liam's number on it. He pressed some button on it and the red light that was on the metal band had turned teal. Liam almost noticed this immediately because the bracelet made a tiny beep, that caused him to look and he saw the change. The backpack looked back up at Cemal and his eyebrows furrowed.

C: "It also works as a lie detector. To put it more simply a li-"

L: "I know what a lie detector is, I'm not like a cat that would be oblivious to this sh*t. I'm not stupid..most of the time."

C: "Right..but let us begin, hmm?"

Liam sat far back against the chair and sighed annoyedly as he crossed his legs.

L: "Yeah. Sure.."

Liam's P.O.V

L: 'What is he gonna ask me? Will it be more complex then what Evelyn asked? If what he's saying is true then I won't be able to actually lie because if this thing works like a lie detector...we all know how that works. I just need to prepare-'

C: "Why did you have an address to an apartment in Bridgeport?"

Liam's blood ran cold, shock nearly visible in his eyes and he could have sworn that his heart was beating so fast that it would explode at any given moment.

L: 'Play dumb, that might work..'

L: "What?"

C: "Why did you have the address on a note behind your bed?"

L: "I don't know what you're talking about."

/¯\_/ ZAP /¯\_/

L: "GAH! WHAT THE F*CK!?"

L: 'Sh*t. It works like one. It f***ing hurts like hell too, glad that it didn't nearly make me kick myself in the face because of where my leg was..'

C: "Tch, tch, tch. Dis-a-point-ting. It really is and you said you knew how these things work."

L: "I do. I can't trust that you tell me the truth about anything, so why should I have believed you when you said that? For all I know, you could have said that to scare me into telling the truth."