Chapter Five

Once dawn hit, the three hopped in the wagon and set off on their journey. "So, tell me why the king went all ice crazy." Kristoff said, curiously.

Anna cleared her throat, rubbing the back of her neck. "Well, it's kind of my fault. I got engaged but then he freaked out because I'd only just met him, you know, that day. And he said he wouldn't bless the marriage-"

Kristoff cut her off quickly. "Wait. You got engaged to someone you just met!?" His eyes were wide with shock. Freja couldn't help but chuckle at this moment.

"Yeah. Anyway-" Anna continued. "He got mad and I got mad. I grabbed his glove when he tried to walk away-"

Once again, Kristoff cut her off. "Hang on! You mean to tell me you got engaged to a guy in just a day?" He was still shocked about that, not caring about the fact the king had magical powers. He glanced over toward his sister, silently asking if this was true.

"It's true." Freja chuckled as she leaned back against the seat. "I was shocked too. Plus, the guy seemed kinda sketchy anyway."

Kristoff shook his head. "Have your parents taught you about strangers?" He asked.

Anna nodded. "Yeah. But he isn't a stranger."

"What's his last name then?" He asked curiously, a small smirk playing on his lips. "And his favorite food?"

Anna nervously rubbed her arm. "Uh, off the Southern Isles? And probably sandwiches."

This caused Freja to laugh a little too loud. "Okay. So you BARELY know anything." She teased.

"It doesn't matter." Anna snapped a little, getting frustrated. "It's true love."

Kristoff cocked his eyebrow, rolling his eyes. "Doesn't sound like true love." With that statement, Freja nodded in agreement.

"How do you know what true love is?" Anna asked.

Freja shrugged. "We have friends who know." She stated. "They're the love experts."

Anna chuckled as she shook her head. "I don't really believe that." She mumbled, shifting her gaze towards the reindeer. "I'd really-" she began but was cut off by both Freja and Kristoff shushing her. She gave a confused and offended look. "What? I was just saying-"

"Be quiet." Freja quickly said as she and her brother looked around the dark woods. Kristoff held up his lantern, eyes staring back at them. "Sven! Go!" She yelled. The reindeer wasted no time in bolting in another direction.

"What is it?" Anna asked as she held onto the wagon, trying to keep from flying out.

"Wolves," Kristoff said as wolves howled from a distance. He hopped into the back of the sled, grabbed a torch, and lit it up. "Freja, try to stir Sven." He shouted.

The young girl nodded as she grabbed the reins and helped guid Sven, making sure he didn't run into things. Suddenly, a wolf lunged at them but Kristoff knocked it off. He yelped as he was thrown off the sled. He quickly grabbed a loose rope. "Anna, grab my torch!" He yelled as he quickly tossed it to her.

Anna grabbed it before it flew into the woods. She watched as a wolf hopped on Kristoff's back. "Light the blanket on fire and throw it !" Freja shouted at her, startling her. Anna quickly grabbed the blanket and lit it on fire. Then, she tossed the blanket toward the wolf.

"Duck!" Anna yelled just as the blanket hit the wolf and sent it flying off of Kristoff. She grabbed the rope and helped him back in the sled.

Sven and Freja called out as they neared a massive gorge. "Kristoff! I can't turn him in time!" She shouted.