I noticed Luke and Ashton give each other this kind of look.

"What?" I said to them.

"Nothing," they both replied a bit too quickly.

We sat into the car. Me and Luke in the back while Ashton sat in the front.

"Where is Calum?" I asked.

"He'll be here in a sec," Ashton said.

"He just needed to ask Maia something."

"Oh right.." I trailed off.

*****

I was staring out of the car window when I heard someone say, "Wow, this is such a cool car". It sounded like a girl.

"Thanks, we rented it," I recognised Calum's voice.

Just then, the car door opened and in sat.. Maia.

"Hey Maia," Ash and Luke said casually.

"Em what are you doing here?" I asked, a bit too rudely.

Maia shifted awkwardly. "I told you," she said to Calum. Calum glared at me.

What did I do??

Luke nudged me as if to say, 'say something '.

Maia looked at me awkwardly, cringing a bit. "It's great to have you here," I said, even though it was obvious to everyone in the car that I was lying.
She gave me a small smile. It was actually really cute. Wait. What am I saying? It was probably some sort of act.

We soon drove off.

"So, how long have you worked in the studio?" Ash asked Maia, trying to make the situation less awkward.

"Ever since I was 14," she replied.

We all stared at her in amazement.

Wow.

"How come?" I asked. It probably came off as rude and I saw Calum was about to glare at me again. Seriously. What was his obsession with glaring at me?

Luckily, Maia didn't seem to take it as harshly as the others and saw it as an actual question.

"My mom passed away when I was 13," she said. "She used to run the studio. So my sister and I took over in her honour," she said proudly.

"I'm so sorry," I said. I felt bad for asking.

"Don't worry about it," she told me.

"It's been 5 years," she said.

*****

Maia's POV:
The rest of the car ride was kind of silent, until, finally, we reached the restaurant. We pulled up outside of a spaghetti place.

"Ashton's favourite food is spaghetti," Luke told me.

"I hope you don't mind," Ashton said. "We can go somewhere else if you want?"

Damn. These guys were so polite.

"I love spaghetti!!" I jumped up kind of excitedly, high-fiving Ashton.

We all went into the restaurant.

Michael was kind of ignoring me, but in fairness, I was ignoring him too, so who could blame him?

I sat down in between Calum and Ashton. The waitress came up to us.

"Can I take your order?" She said, winking at Michael. He winked back. I cringed. Don't ask me why.

We all ordered our food and then the waitress left with our order as Michael stared at her. Perv.

"She's so hot," Michael said. "Look at the way she walked".

I scoffed. "Ew," I said.

"What?" Michael snapped .

"Don't stare at her you pervert".

"You're not the boss of me," he said, acting like a 2 year old.

"I'm just saying she's way out of your league," I told him, beginning to mess with my fork. Calum stifled back a laugh, which got him a glare from Michael.

"This is coming from the girl with a tattoo sleeve and 100 piercings," he spat back.

"Hey, woah, take it easy guys," Ashton said.

Michael glared at me, I just stared blankly back at him. He wasn't going to get a reaction out of me.

*****

Soon, enough our meal came and before we knew it, we were all finished. Ashton payed the bill after my continuous attempts of trying to pay for my own meal, at least.

"Thanks," I said to Ashton, as we left the restaurant.

"Anytime," he said. Ashton was so sweet. Aw.

Just then, I heard someone call my name.

"Maia!! Maia!!" Some familiar voices called. I hugged the two figures as they came running up to me.