Chapter 72: Drink Bitter Soup Together

Start from the beginning

[T/N: It has nothing to do with what Chinese zodiac year it is. She just meant it would take forever to heal.]

Shen Yue said casually, "I think this is good."

"I think your brain is short-circuited." Tang Qiaoqiao gave him a blank look. No one will hope to get hurt.

She looked at her hand that was still wrapped in Shen Yue's hand. His fingers were white and slender, with distinctive joints.

"I'm not leaving. Why are you still holding my hand?"

Shen Yue blinked and pulled Tang Qiaoqiao's hand to his chest. His voice was a little dull when he said, "Don't you think this atmosphere is particularly suitable for doing something?"

'What's this?'

'In the hospital, patient × patient play?'

Tang Qiaoqiao swallowed, "This illegal thing can't be done."

While Tang Qiaoqiao's brain was frantic, there was some movement outside the door.

"Madam, I really can't let you enter."

"Why can't I enter my own son's ward?"

Madam Shen pushed open the ward's door regardless of Li Ji's obstruction, but she ran into Shen Yue holding Tang Qiaoqiao's hand on his chest. The atmosphere in the room was very ambiguous.

"Sorry, I'm disturbing you. You continue. Don't stop." Madam Shen gave a meaningful smile. No wonder Li Ji stopped her. She almost broke the good deeds of her son and daughter-in-law.

Madam Shen turned around and wanted to leave, leaving the space for them.

Tang Qiaoqiao pulled out her hand with a look of embarrassment.

Shen Yue said out of breath, "Mom, are you going out to hide outside the door and eavesdrop?"

Madam Shen was about to step out of the door, but she turned around and returned into the room, "Smelly boy, is your mother that kind of person in your heart?"

Shen Yue nodded. "Yes."

Madam Shen rushed inside, put the insulated lunch box on the table, and said angrily, "I raised you until you are so old for nothing. You are not half as filial as my daughter-in-law."

Madam Shen turned her head to look at Tang Qiaoqiao. Her face changed suddenly, and she asked, "Qiaoqiao, where is it hurt? Does it still hurt? You don't know... When I heard about this landslide at home, it almost scared me to death. So I have to rush here to see you overnight."

Tang Qiaoqiao said embarrassedly, "I just injured my elbow slightly. Nothing wrong happened."

"How can you say nothing wrong with an elbow injury? What should we do if your hands become difficult to use in the future?" Madam Shen said, "You have to lie down and rest, and you have to take care of your injured muscles and bones. Otherwise, it is easy to leave permanent damage."

Shen Yue, who hurts both his muscles and bones: ...

"I think you should care about Shen Yue. He was hurt more seriously." Tang Qiaoqiao said.

Madam Shen waved her hand and said, "It's no big deal for a big man to crack his bones a bit. Maybe it will attack poison with poison and actually heal his legs. Besides, he was injured for his wife. He should have been honored with this injury. The most important thing is your hand. You are a public figure, and also in the middle of filming, your hand injuries can be a big problem. I stayed up the whole night to especially make this nourishing soup for you. This soup also has some herbs. It's still hot. Drink it quickly."

Shen Yue has been accustomed to his mom's double standard for a long time, but Tang Qiaoqiao feels guilty.

When Madam Shen poured a large bowl of soup for Tang Qiaoqiao, she directly handed it to Shen Yue and said, "You drink first."

Madam Shen looked at her and smiled in her heart.

Tang Qiaoqiao took another bowl from Madam Shen and looked at the light soup base. She guessed that it was chicken soup or something, so she took a big mouthful.

This mouthful made her a little closer to pouting.

It's too horrible.

The taste of the soup was unspeakably bitter and astringent, and there was a hint of weird sweetness. Tang Qiaoqiao couldn't taste the ingredients in it at all.

Under Madam Shen's burning eyes, Tang Qiaoqiao swallowed the soup with difficulty. With the corner of her eye, she caught a glimpse of Shen Yue behind Madam Shen, trying to pour the soup into the trash can quietly.

Tang Qiaoqiao raised her eyebrows. 'Good fellow, if you want to share the blessings, you have to share difficulties. Of course, you have to drink the same bitter soup.'

"Mom, it's delicious. You see how happy Shen Yue is drinking."

"Really?" Madam Shen turned her head, and Shen Yue had to raise the soup bowl to his mouth and pretend to drink it.

Tang Qiaoqiao squinted her eyes with a smile, and Shen Yue's face was painful.

'She's ruthless!'