JJ rolled his eyes but cooled off a little. "Why did you go back there and not tell any of us?"

"You guys would have stopped me."

"Damn right, we would have."

"Whatever. I'm just tired of coming back to you guys with more problems and no answers or solutions. Pope said as much that it was annoying."

"And, did you get any answers?" 

Harley's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. She had gone to get answers and instead drove the one person who could help her away. The only fact she knew was that Billie knew her before she had washed up in Kildare. "Not exactly..."

"What do you mean?"

"I confronted Billie. She denied everything of course, but then I found that file again and there were loads of pictures of me in Kildare and somewhere else. So, I know she knew me before she came here. Um, but then I got creeped out and ran away. When we went back, the garage was empty. Billie had upped and left and I don't know where she's gone."

"We. You said we."

Harley flushed further, this time in panic as she gnawed down on her lip. "Did I?"

"Yeah, you did."

"Oh. I bumped into Alex when I went back. He had a shift in the shop."

JJ would be irritated if she told him she was with Rafe. All of the times he had called her stupid for being with Rafe and when she had gone to see him after sinking his car, were forgiven but not forgotten by Harley. She understood where he had been coming from, but it was still very harsh.

"Right." JJ didn't seem suspicious after that or so she hoped. "I knew Billie was a sus character. Hot, but sus."

Harley slapped JJ's chest earning a chuckle. "Don't worry, you're the hottest psycho I know."

Harley gaped in horror. "What? I'm not a psycho."

"You drove Rafe's care into a lake," JJ deadpanned. "You've got a little psycho hiding in you. I think it's kinda hot."

Harley put her palms to her cheeks to try and cool the embarrassing heat. "I don't know if I should be offended."

"Don't be. You're a hot psycho and the most beautiful girl I've ever set eyes on."

"Now you're just saying that."

"Yeah. I am just saying that because it's true." JJ had taken this time to swarm Harley and pull her on top of him. "I've only got eyes for you H.R."

"I still feel like you're calling me human resources," Harley joked.

JJ rolled the two over and started tickling her sides. JJ laughed as Harley's giggles bubbled around them. His chest felt lighter when he saw Harley happy. "You were supposed to confess your undying love for me there."

"Sorry," Harley stammered out between laughs. "I don't like lying."

JJ tickled Harley's sides more ferociously. "You've hurt my feelings."

"Okay, let me make it up to you."

"How?"

"Close your eyes."

Surprisingly, JJ obliged fairly quickly. Harley had expected a little more push back, so she wondered what he thought she would do.

She sat up, so that they were closer. She had wanted to kiss him for a while. Her heart pounded that little bit faster and her skin flushed a few shades darker. Harley nibbled on her lip, before plucking up the courage to go for it. She leant forward quickly, she pressed her lips to JJ's and let her hands rest on his shoulders.