The group then began to rush back up the stairs, busting through the door once they reached it. Their presence causing the entire room of scientists to turn around.

They ignored the stares, running down the stairs that exited the room. Leaving the confused scientists in silence as they ran.

They could hear a solider behind them, he had yelled a few words in Russian, none of them understanding what he was saying.

Arlo's feet pounded against the ground under him, his heart seeming to beat faster with every step.

"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit." Dustin yelled over and over, the group still running away from the soldier.

They ran down a few more stairs, dodging multiple guards. The Russian's men's hands attempting to pull the kids and teenagers back.

It was then that they had found another room, they had slammed the door shut beside them. Steve and Arlo immediately pressing their weight against it, hoping it would stay shut.

"Robin!" Steve yelled, making the girl come back over to him. Helping them press their weight against the door.

Ida stayed beside the kids, being able to hear her heart in her stomach. Fear covering her.

The kids were pacing, Dustin cursing under his breath as his eyes shot around the room. There was no possible way out.

It was then that Erica had found a large vent door, she ushered her babysitter to help her with it. Which Ida immediately complied to.

The girls yanked the lid off, urging Dustin to follow them, which he did.

Once three out of six of the group was inside, Dustin yelled towards Steve, Robin and Arlo. Not wanting to leave the boys behind. "Let's go, come on!"

"Arlo, go." Steve mumbled, still struggling with keeping the door shut.

His words caused Arlo to shake his head, leaning it against the door behind him. Temporarily ignoring the banging coming from outside. "I'm not leaving you two!"

Steve sighed at his words, seeming to think something over for a split second before yelling back at Dustin. "No! Just go get some help, okay?!"

Dustin didn't move, Ida now peeking her head out as well. Not wanting to leave her brother behind. "What are you doing? Just get out of here, go!" Steve yelled snapping both of them out of their disappointed gazes.

The duo slid back into the vent, pulling the lid over the top as they did so. Their hearts heavy as they left behind their family.

The pounding on the door seemed to worsen once they were gone, the trio's adrenaline slowly dissipating from their bodies.

Finally they had all given up, their hold on the door loosening as they did so.

It was then that the door busted open, harshly throwing them to the ground. They didn't have time to get up seeing as the soldiers had immediately held up their guns, which now pointed at the teenagers.

Fear danced between their eyes as they looked up at the many guards, their hands slowly raising into the air as they did. Hoping that this wasn't the end for them.

The guns cocking caused Arlo to squeeze his eyes shut for a moment, temporarily wishing he had never forgiven Steve. Wishing that he never had gotten dragged into this.

 Wishing that he never had gotten dragged into this