the tunnels.

ACT ONE
the tunnels.

ACT ONEthe tunnels

   ARLO GIGGLED TO HIMSELF as he listened to Steve yell at the children, his frustration seeming to get the best of him

Arlo didn't quite understand why Steve was so mad over the kids game, not understanding just how dangerous what they were doing was.

"Where do you think you're going?——What are you, deaf? Hello?" Steve yelled keeping his eyes trained on Dustin, who was carrying a can of gasoline.

"I'll join!" Arlo caved in, not sure what he was joining in but liking the idea of pissing off his ex-friend.

"Absolutely not. We're not going down there, I made myself clear—Don't hand him goggles!"

Steve then yanked the goggles out of Arlo's hands, handing them back to Max.

Once the goggles were back in the redhead's hands, she shrugged once before tossing them back in the trunk. Helping her friends get ready to climb into the hole.

"There is no chance we're going in that hole, all right?" Steve yelled.

"Steve—calm down, man. They're not hurting nobody."

Arlo defending the kids only made Steve's head shoot towards the boy. His eyebrows furrowed as he mouth was dropped open, seeming to realize something. "Wait—Why are you here? You—you shouldn't—No.. No. This ends right now!"

"Steve, you're upset.. I get it, but the bottom line is, a party member requires assistance and it is our duty to provide that assistance—Now, I know you promised Nance that you would keep us safe, so.. Keep us safe."

Arlo scoffed at the mention of Nancy, his pounding headache seeming to make the argument that much more confusing.

The Harrington boy then sighed, grabbing a bat from the trunk as he did. The speech seeming to strike a nerve.

"Arlo, just—stay up here." Steve spoke, beginning to trudge towards the hole. Dustin behind him.

While Arlo didn't say anything in response, he knew he was far too nosy and bored to stay above the large dirt hole.