Chapter 12: A Study in Pink: pt 9

***Recap***

(Sherlock looks at the screen impatiently, as Nikki leans against the desk next to her mate. The only people Nikki trusted in the room other than her mate or Mrs. Hudson was Lestrade and John.)

Sherlock: Come on, come on. Quickly!

(Mrs. Hudson trots up the stairs and comes to the door again.)

Mrs. Hudson: Sherlock, dear. This taxi driver ...

(Sherlock gets to his feet and walks over towards her.)

Sherlock: Mrs. Hudson, isn't it time for your evening soother?

(John sits down on the chair that Sherlock vacated and watches a clock spinning around on the website as it claims that the phone will be located in under three minutes. Sherlock turns to Lestrade.)

***Now***

Sherlock: We need to get vehicles, get a helicopter.

(Mrs. Hudson looks around anxiously as a man walks slowly up the stairs behind her. Nikki's head snapped up at the new scent in the flat, her eyes settling on the older man, watching him carefully.)

Sherlock (to Lestrade): We're gonna have to move fast. This phone battery won't last forever.

Lestrade: We'll just have a map reference, not a name.

Sherlock: It's a start!

(On the computer, a map has appeared and is now zooming in on the location of the phone.)

John: Sherlock ...

Sherlock (to Lestrade): It narrows it down from just anyone in London. It's the first proper lead that we've had.

John: Sherlock ...

Sherlock (hurrying across the room to look over John's shoulder, Nikki not taking her eyes on the new presence in the flat but paying attention to what John had to say): What is it? Quickly, where?

(The map is now indicating the precise location of the phone.)

John: It's here. It's in two two one Baker Street.

SHERLOCK (straightening up): How can it be here? How?

Lestrade: Well, maybe it was in the case when you brought it back and it fell out somewhere.

Sherlock: What, and I didn't notice it? Me? I didn't notice.

John (to Lestrade): Anyway, we texted him and he called back.

(Lestrade turns to call out to his colleagues.)

Lestrade: Guys, we're also looking for a mobile somewhere here, that belonged to the victim ...

(Sherlock tunes him out as he begins to remember questions he asked John and Nikki earlier.)

Sherlock (voiceover): 'Who do we trust, even if we don't know them?'

(Behind Mrs. Hudson, the man has reached the top of the stairs. Wearing a cardigan and a cap on his head obscuring his face, he has a badge in a leather holder on a cord around his neck. The badge is for a licensed London cab driver. Nikki's eyes continued to watch the man, ready to kill the new comer if need be to protect her mate and friends.)