Chapter 25: The Blind Banker: pt 9

***Recap***

(Nikki smiles at Molly before releasing her and went to stand next to her mate. smile. She returns it, looking both flattered and flustered, then turns away to the display, smiling nervously. Sherlock looks at his mate stunned, he knew that Nikki didn't like the fact that Molly flirted with him but since he had Nikki, Sherlock never paid attention to the brunette.)

***Now***

(MORGUE. Later, two body bags are lying on adjacent tables. Molly, wearing latex gloves, unzips the top of one of the bags and pulls the sides apart to reveal the face of Brian Lukis. Sherlock leads Dimmock into the room.)

Sherlock: We're just interested in the feet.

Molly (frowning): The feet?

Sherlock: Yes. D'you, mind if we have a look at them?

(Smiling at her, he leads Dimmock to the other end of the body bag. Molly follows him and unzips the bag at that end, pulling the sides back to reveal the bottom of Lukis' feet. On the bottom of the right heel is a tattoo identical to the one which Soo Lin showed the boys earlier. Sherlock straightens up, a smug expression on his face, and walks over to the other table.)

Sherlock: Now Van Coon.

(Molly and Dimmock follow him to the second table and she unzips the other body bag. Van Coon has an identical tattoo on his right heel. Dimmock sighs silently.)

Sherlock: Oh(!)

Dimmock (awkwardly): So ...

Nikki: So either these two men just happened to visit the same Chinese tattoo parlour or Sherlock's telling the truth.

Dimmock (sighing in resignation): What do you want?

Sherlock: I want every book from Lukis' apartment and Van Coon's.

Dimmock: Their books?

(221B. The boys walk into the living room, taking off their coats, Nikki was at her own flat getting a few blood bags to bring to Sherlock's flat. John sits down in his chair; Sherlock remains standing.)

Sherlock: Not just a criminal organisation; it's a cult. Her brother was corrupted by one of its leaders.

John: Soo Lin said the name.

Nikki (returning to the flat): Yes, Shan; General Shan.

John: We're still no closer to finding them.

Sherlock: Wrong. We've got almost all we need to know. She gave us most of the missing pieces.

(He looks at John, waiting for him to agree. When John says nothing, he impatiently explains.)

Sherlock: Why did he need to visit his sister? Why did he need her expertise?

John: She worked at the museum.

Nikki: Exactly.

John (finally catching up): An expert in antiquities. Mmm, of course. I see.

Sherlock: Valuable antiquities, John. Ancient Chinese relics were purchased on the black market. China's home to a thousand treasures hidden after Mao's revolution.

John: And the Black Lotus is selling them.

(Sherlock tilts his head as he has an idea.)

(Not long afterwards, he is sitting at the dining table surfing Crispians' website for recent auctions, focusing on the auctions of Chinese and other Asian works of art. John is leaning over his shoulder to look at the screen.)