[Ch.3]: Attack!

~

Thunder grumbled overhead; it was about to rain hard again. Mikey crouched, watching the squad of Foot ninja from a safe distance, in the shadows. They were running around, in and out of a large storage building, under Karai's instruction. They weren't just waiting around to ambush him and his brothers, but they were taking the opportunity to sabotage local citizens, too? Mikey scowled. The thought that he REALLY didn't have to do this - he should go back and come up with some other plan - kept creeping back into his mind, but he knew there wasn't anyway out, now. This was the only way to keep his brothers safe - and there was no point in backing out now, anyway. He wouldn't live to tell about it, and he was already on the clock as it was, he thought, choking and trying to cough quietly. Taking his hand away from his mouth, he saw blood. It was already taking effect - he had to hurry up and do this.

Karai was standing apart from the other ninja scurrying around, overlooking the procedures and giving orders, with a few bodyguards who didn't seem to be paying a lot of attention. In her left hand hung a little hand-held, walkie-talkie looking device - the Kraang's latest, most stupid invention; the Mutagen Tracker. Surprised, she turned around, hearing Mikey's foot come down a few feet away, stopping.

He stood there, all by himself, nunchucks in hand and looking ready for battle. Rain had started coming down lightly, and thunder cracked through the air. "Karai," he said, letting the chained weapons fall and hang from his hands. "I'm gonna teach you and your thugs to quit sticking your noses where they don't belong!"

"What a surprise," Karai said, and smiled. "You came at just the right time, turtle." Without hesitating, she called out, "Attack!" And the Foot ninja were suddenly flying past her, towards Mikey.

"School's in session!" Mikey shot back, charging ahead letting his nunchucks fly.

Jumping up, Mikey smashed the first one in the face with his foot and launched off, towards the rest. It was raining, dark, and things were moving fast - things he was mostly used to - but Mikey could tell that there were way more Foot than he'd probably ever faced all at once before. And some were much more skilled than the typical squad he and his brothers ran across on night runs - Karai was definitely calling on all of her reinforcements. Swinging his nunchucks, flipping, kicking, punching - he managed to take down a few quickly, but - a sudden stinging ache in his left arm - he was already accumulating injuries.

Tch - as long as he got to the Mutagen Tracker, he thought with a fierce scowl.

"HIRAAAAA-!!" He cried, unleashing all his energy, skill, power, anything he had - into the fray. It was a massive, exhilarating, ruthless rush of hundreds of ninja against one determined, green little fireball - cutting through what seemed like an army as they bashed, sliced and tore at him. Coming up to a larger, stronger looking Foot, dressed differently from the others, Mikey rushed at him and slammed his body into the man, trying to bring him down. Stumbling, the ninja grabbed his arm and swung him around, smashing him through a light pole and into the corner of the building behind him, cracking his arm at the elbow and making him drop one of his nunchucks. The light pole came down, the bulb smashing and electricity sparking up everywhere.

"Kkhaaah-!" Mikey cried, cringing.

The man let go and backed up a step, letting Mikey fall to the ground. Gritting his teeth, he crouched back up and jumped at the guy, grabbing the broken glass on the cement and throwing it in the man's face. Yelling, he stumbled back, and Mikey pounced over his shoulders and onto his back, holding the chain of one of his nunchucks around his neck. Stumbling and struggling, the man staggered around violently, smashing Mikey into things and trying to throw him off. Slipping on the wet cement, he slid and the two went down, hitting the ground. The man came down on top of Mikey, slamming him into the concrete.