Chapter 49 - Sensing the danger

Start from the beginning

"We'll have that done, no worries. But I believe we were talking about something that caught your interest." Kageroza continued out conversation, slightly annoyed by Chen's interruption. "Regai are similar to Gigia. Gigai are physical bodies that sustain the life of mod souls in the human world while Regai sustain the life of mod souls in Soul Society." "So....you're basically telling me that all the captains here are Regai and not the real ones?" I tried to understand the situation the best I could.

"That's correct. And the Regai are much stronger than the originals. There is no one who has enough power to stop me." I frowned as he smirked at me. "Look buddy, don't underestimate Ichigo. He may be losing his reiatsu but he always has a plan when it comes to defeating the bad guys." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"It seems you have misunderstood Kurosaki Ichigo. His attacks are spontaneous....he never has a plan when he tries to defeat the enemy." This time, Byakuya san spoke.....or rather his Regai. He had been watching the scene unfold silently and now he decided to put in his thoughts.

"Wow....that's something coming from you, Byakuya san. You know, I'm still pretty surprised though. Someone as prideful as you following the orders of someone who's hungry for power. Last time I checked, you put everything you had to defeat the one who was hungry for power." I was talking about Sousuke and he knew that too. He narrowed his eyes at me slightly as I watched him with a defiant glare.

But despite the fact that I was mocking him, I guess in one way he was right. I was trying to get Kageroza slightly uneasy by telling him that Ichigo would have plans to defeat him, but that really wasn't the case. Ichigo really did depend on spontaneous attacks against bad guys.....I doubt it was any different this time too. Well, this guy Kageroza wasn't even half as good as Sousuke was....he was probably at an Espada level. But having the Regai gave him the advantage. The Regai were powerful and its obviously difficult to fight against them because all of them were stronger than their captain counterparts.

Besides, I didn't know what Zanpakuto ability Kageroza had. Since Ichigo and even the captains hadn't been able to defeat him until now, it obviously meant that his Zanpakuto's ability posed as a disadvantage to all of them.

"I see you are deeply assessing the situation. Just as I heard, nothing seems to go unthought-of by you." Kageroza was smirking at me. I narrowed my eyes at him, uneasy by the way he was watching me. "Who exactly are you? And what do you want?" I asked in a low voice. His smirk widened and I could see a flash of pride in his eyes.

"Being a human, I guess it is impossible for you to know about me. I am the creator of the mod souls. I am the one who led Operation Spearhead to a new level, to victory, to ensuring the safety of all shinigami.....and yet, I was never acknowledged." His voice turned bitter as he seemed to remember his past. "All my efforts, my research, my pains to help Soul Society were rejected as if they were trash. While I worked for the good of Soul Society, I was considered an outcast, an outlaw....how dare they treat me this way! With no sense of respect to a comrade....no I wasn't even thought of as a comrade....I swear I will destroy Soul Society!"

He was glaring at the ground now. An outcast, huh? That sort of reminded me of myself when I was younger....when I first realized and spoke to spirits and people called me a freak. I sighed inaudibly. But this guy was trying to destroy Soul Society. That wasn't good! Soul Society had to exist to keep the balance in the world, to protect humans from Hollows. If Soul Society collapsed....what disaster would happen?

"Now, Sana san, I require your powers for my fusion." "Fusion?" I asked warily as I was brought out of my thoughts. "Yes. Now come along." I didn't want to go but Byakuya's Regai was at my side in a split second, dragging me behind Kageroza with a tight grip on my arm. I struggled, trying to peel his hand off me and digging my heels into the ground, but it was no use. These guys were stronger than the actual captains and since all mu reiatsu was sealed off, I couldn't do anything.