14. Udaipur isn't that bad afterall.

Start from the beginning

"Get something from the canteen.", he shielded infront of those eye charms.

"Hospital food is just so eww-eww."

"No, its not.", he became defensive.

"Okay I won't eat chips, can I order a pizza atleast."

"Huh? No, not at all, no you can't."

"Aaggghhhh, you are so authoritative. What do I eat now? If you won't stop eating my head, then I'll feast on you.", she gritted out.

"Well if you support cannibalism, then I would have happily served myself decorated on a fancy plate. But, since you don't. Wait."

Saying this he instructed a nurse to bring his lunch box along with the cutlery in this room itself.
Meanwhile he checked on Mimi and made pointers in his report.

All this time she sat pouting on the couch, mumbling something against him and mourning the chips packet he threw in the dustbin. And not to forget the demise of her chocolate cream biscuits, which she thought she had saved from this monstrous healthy man by sneaking it behind her back, not before his arms reached it and took it away, this scenario of losing her favourite biscuit replayed in slow motion in which he was grinning like an evil villain.

Taking a seat next to her and opening his tiffin he spoke,
"I know you are plotting an attack on me with the help of your stray cats gang, the Majnu gang, coz believe me Laila and her gang are quite in my favour so they won't help. And all of these because I killed your non-living precious snacks. But, before have dinner so that your sharp brain inside of your cute head works more efficiently.", he said with a funny sarcasm.

She laughed before sitting straight,
"Its your dinner, sharing it with me will make you starve."

"Believe me, my mother thinks I have a humongous appetite, quite like of a hulk. She always packs extra food.", as he forwarded her the plate.

"Your mother really cares a lot for you. Its her love also that she packs in this lunchbox."

"Ofcourse she does, infact you know I feel the same vibes from Neilima ma as well."

"Neelu maa is just great. Also, just so that you know she might poke you every now and then to know about me as she knows you live in Udaipur, so just inform her that I am alright."

"I'll say that to her only if find it correct, otherwise being a good kid I won't lie to her.", he pulled her leg to which she pouted before the room got filled with their laughter.

Putting back the plates and washing their hands they almost got ready to wrap themselves around sleep.
"If you want you can sleep in my cabin. It has a proper recliner."

"No, the couch will be enough, comparing it to my size I'll still save some space.", her humour is just broken.

"But--"

"Abhimanyu believe me, I'll be comfortable. Although thank you for your almost indeclineable offer of getting the opportunity to sleep in Udaipur's most famous eligible bachelor Cardiologist's cabin."
She is just so dramatic.

"I definitely think you should sleep, your sentences are not connecting with something known as meaning.", he joked.

"Goodnight Abhimanyu.", giggling she dancing along her words.

"Goodnight indeed.", he said before walking out.

The Night he spent in the hospital itself, feeling her closeby was enough to get him the sleep he last got in Delhi.

<>

The morning stepped in and he stepped out of his cabin to move towards his favourite ward in hospital currently.

As he entered inside, he saw her sleeping on the couch like a little ball, all curled up, shivering a little. Either she was not aware of the extra blankets kept on the rack or being a lazy couch potato she didn't stood up to carry it from the rack to her couch.

Shaking his head at her, he opened a blanket to cover her up, but as the blanket touched her body she woke up with a jolt and sat up with a jerk, looking a little too scared.

"Hey, I am sorry I didn't mean to scare you or wake you up.", he said comforting her.

"No, no, don't be sorry, I am just a light sleeper."

"Good morning then. I am here to check upon on my patient."

"Good morning and I welcome you to check upon my Mimi, she is still very hot and cute as per her age, quite a good mixture.", she said narrowing her eyes.

Their this carefree morning was short lived because of the intruder who opened the door to come inside.

_________________________________________
A/N
An early morning update, coz why not?
Today's episode was finally a relief after what felt like decades.
Let's see what the makers have to offer now.
Also, important thing, how are you liking the story till now?