3

An: sorry it took so long

Bella P.O.V

"I'm going on my break Sue." I called out, throwing my apron into the dirty pile before heading towards the back door. If Sue had responded, I didn't stick around to hear it. I'm not happy with her right now. And she knows it. And she doesn't feel bad either. I know she feels like she did the right thing, she's doing what she always does. Looking out for me. Ever since I was a little girl, she's always been there for me. Doing everything in her power to make me happy. She's always treated me like I was her own. Even when Renee was around. She's always been there for me and I appreciate that. More than she could ever know. So I'm not mad. I can't be mad. I'm just… conflicted.

Do I want to date Alice? Yes, more than anything. And Sue made that happen. Because of her I have a chance with Alice. But at what cost? Will she even still be interested in me after everything that happened today? My mom is blackmailing her entire family. How can she still want to go out with me after that? Could I have lost her before I ever even had her? I reached into my pocket, pulling out a small golden tin. It was raining today. First time in a while now. Well if you think a week is a while. Usually it rains at some point in the day, whether it be a light drizzle or a full blown thunder storm. Sometimes for 5 minutes, others throughout the entire day. But the past couple of days have been rain free. I missed the rain. Something about it just… feels like home you know.

I lifted a freshly rolled herbal cigarette to my lips, grabbing the pack of matches out of my shirt pocket. I carefully lit the cigarette, taking a deep inhale.

"I didn't know you smoked." A small voice called out from a few feet away and a smile made its way onto my face. I exhaled, slowly.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me." I responded, glancing over at her from where I was leaning against the wall. We really don't know much about each other. We've only known each other for about a month now and I barely know her but my feelings are already so strong.

She was also leaning against the wall, only a few feet away. And I could see the rain drops in her hair and her clothes were damp. She hadn't been out in the rain long. Probably only long enough to walk from the front of the building to the back.

"You're wet." I mumbled, stepping closer to her. Already sliding my jacket off my arms. I hope it doesn't smell weird. It's clean… At least I think it's clean. I don't really remember. Fuck I have to do laundry when I get home.

"Bella, you don't have to. I'm not even col-" She tried to argue as I wrapped the jacket around her dainty frame. The cigarette held carefully between my lips.

"I want to. Your mom already hates me. If you get a cold because of me she'll probably push me down a flight of stairs too." I joked and I instantly regretted it. Did you really just make a joke about her mom pushing her dad down the stairs? Like things weren't already awkward enough. Thankfully, Alice laughed at my stupid joke. She laughs at most of my stupid jokes actually. I say most because sometimes I tell a really horrible one and she'll smile and tell me to try harder.

"So you know about that?" She asked softly, fully addressing the elephant in the room. Her voice was so soft I barely heard it. Like she didn't want to talk about it but she kinda knows we have to. Well we actually don't, I would prefer we don't. Which is why I don't know why I brought it up. It's honestly not that big of a deal to me. People do worse over much less.

"Yeah, I know about that. I don't blame her, I would have done the same thing." I confessed honestly, maybe even too much so. It would only be fair, right? I want to. Fuck I really want to. I've been holding this in and it's just been eating me from the inside. I opened my mouth, still not sure what I was going to say and whether it was a mistake or not when Alice spoke up.