Ch. 16: The Kiss

Wanda's POV

After I finish explaining why I'm choosing to leave the room, I simply stare at the ground in defeat as the tears finally fall down my cheeks. There is nothing but silence for a few moments before I suddenly hear Y/N begin laughing loudly. At the sound of her laughter, I quickly whip my head up in confusion. I look over in her direction and give her an incredulous look as she continues to laugh her ass off and I say, "What is so funny?" Y/N does not answer me and instead begins to laugh even harder. She doubles over from how hard she is laughing, and I stand there staring at her in total confusion before huffing out in frustration.

Is she actually laughing at me right now? How could she possibly be laughing at a time like this?! Here I am absolutely heartbroken at the thought that I've lost my chance with her and here she is laughing?! Not only am I baffled by her response, but now I'm also growing increasingly frustrated by the fact that she is finding any of this funny. It hurts that she seems to think that any of this is amusing at all. Y/N's laughter finally begins to die down and she wipes a tear from her eye before she looks over at me. She sends me a teasing grin causing me to glare over in her direction.

She simply stands there and stares at me for a few seconds before I see her eyes soften as she wipes the remnants of my tears. The change in demeanor makes me shift slightly under her gaze. "Wanda, what do you think happened on that beach?" I blink at her in surprise and then tilt my head in confusion as my mouth opens and closes. I try to find a way to respond before quietly saying, "You guys talked about your feelings for each other and probably kissed and stuff...?" My response comes out sounding like more of a question than a statement. And I suddenly begin to feel as if I might have just overreacted based on how she how responded so far.

Oh god please tell me that I didn't just make an absolute fool of myself! There's no way that I just jumped the gun on this right?! No...there's no way that Danvers would pass up the chance, right?! I'm broken out of my thoughts by the sound of her trying to keep her laughter at bay. However, once my eyes meet hers it seems as if she can no longer keep her composure. It seems as if she finds my statement to be funny because she chuckles and says, "Wanda, we didn't kiss, and I don't have feelings for Carol. Where could you have possibly gotten that incredulous idea from?"

My eyes widen as she says this, and I feel extremely mortified by the fact that I have indeed overacted and jumped to conclusions yet again. I don't even register the fact that she just admitted to not liking Carol. I feel myself begin to flush in embarrassment when I realize that I have made a complete fool of myself by jumping to conclusions. And now I have to find a way to get myself out of this situation because it seems like I definitely jumped the gun on this. What am I supposed to do now?! Okay! Calm down, Wanda. I can find a way out of this! Yeah! I just have to think of something good to say to explain myself!

My mouth opens and closes as if I am a fish out of the water. I grow nervous as I try to come up with a good enough answer to explain my hasty reaction. "Well...I-I just thought that...I mean...you guys spend quite a bit of time together. And after the conversation we had when we first got to the villa, I know that you think that sunsets are romantic. S-so I don't know I just thought...well you know...I thought that you guys had a moment." My answer comes out in a nervous jumbled mess which only causes my blush to deepen. I suddenly find myself feeling even more embarrassed and self-conscious.

I look away from her and keep my gaze anywhere except on Y/N as I attempt to try to find a way to pull myself out of the hole that I dug for myself. This is what I get for jumping to conclusions and acting before thinking things through. I find myself looking down at the ground and begin to fiddle with my fingers out of pure nervousness as I wait for her to say something. I find myself growing even more nervous the longer that she remains silent. However, after a few moments, I feel her fingers gently grip my chin and guide my face up so that I can look at her. She smiles and softly says, "Wanda...we talked about how I have feelings for someone else and she told me to be brave and go for it. And that's what I'm trying to do."

I find myself melting slightly at her tone and the soft look that she is currently giving me as I feel my cheeks tinge pink. My breath hitches before I quietly say, "Oh! So, then you weren't here to tell me that you like Carol?" She snorts slightly before letting out a small chuckle and shakes her head before sending a teasing smile my way. "Wands, I thought I made it painfully obvious who I'm into. I mean everyone teases me about it all the time." I smile lightly and shake my head as I huff out in mock indignation. I cross my arms over my chest as I look at her before teasingly saying, "Well obviously not because here I am getting it wrong. So, I think that I need some clarification."

A small smirk makes its way onto her face before it falls from her face as she nervously smiles at me, "Sorry that me storming off while you kissed someone else wasn't obvious enough, so let me make this abundantly clear. Wanda Maximoff, I'm kind of in love with you." It feels as if the world has suddenly stopped and shifted on its axis as I freeze up after hearing her confession. My brain seems to short-circuit for a moment as my heart begins to beat increasingly fast. She just said that she's in love with me. She actually feels the same way! I can't believe it! All I've ever wanted was for her to like me back and now here she is confessing her feelings for me!

I'm internally freaking out at the fact that the girl I like actually likes me back. I can't hide the fuzzy smile that wants to make its way onto my face as I go to finally tell her that I feel the same way. I only snap back to reality when I see Y/N's smile fall as she sighs softly. "It's okay if you don't feel the same, we can just pretend like this never even happened." I say nothing for a moment as my mind tries to catch up with what is currently happening. I watch as Y/N seems to deflate at my lack of response as she goes to ramble on further "We can just-"

My brain finally catches up and I cut her off by pulling her to me by the collar of her shirt and I place a hand on her cheek. I smile tenderly at her before softly saying, "Hey! Hey, relax. I haven't even gotten the chance to say that I'm kind of in love with you too Y/N Y/LN." Her shoulders sag as she relaxes, and she takes in a deep breath. Her eyes suddenly widen in surprise after processing what I've just said. She suddenly perks up and lights up as she says, "Wait! Are you serious?! So, let me get this straight you actually like me back? Like you actually feel the same and I haven't completely messed everything up?"

She's so adorable right now. She looks so surprised by the fact that I actually feel the same way. Her reaction makes me wish that I had been honest about my feelings for her even sooner. Well better late than never, I guess. I smile in amusement as my confession begins to settle in for her and I nod my head as a soft smile makes its way onto my face. I gently laugh before saying, "Yes, I'm being serious. I definitely have feelings for you and no, you did not mess anything up."

She smiles brightly at me and lets out a sigh of relief before her smile morphs into a smaller yet softer one. She holds my waist with one hand as she rests the second on my cheek and leans her face closer to mine. Then she kiss me softly making me sigh in contentment. She's kissing me! Oh my god! She's actually kissing me right now! After freaking out for a moment, I focus entirely on the feeling of her lips against mine, the rest of the world begins to fade away. And then suddenly it's almost as if there is nothing except me, her, and this moment right here.

We continue to kiss until we need to break away for air and she pulls away slightly before leaning her forehead against mine. We look directly into each other's eyes and smile tenderly at each other. I begin to softly play with the hairs at the nape of her neck as she lets out a content sigh. "I've been wanting to do that for a really long time now." I bite my lip gently as my smile begins to grow and I nod my head at her softly. Then I softly nudge my nose against her own as I say, "Yeah I know, I've been wanting to do that for a while too." She pulls away from me slightly and wraps both her arms around my waist as I keep both of my arms around her neck. She smiles softly at me causing me to blush lightly as I grin back at her.

Everything has happened so fast that I can't quite wrap my head around it all just yet. I'm absolutely ecstatic that she feels the same and I feel like I can breathe easier. She seems to grow a bit tense as her smile turns nervous and she whispers, "So, Wanda, now that our feelings are out in the open, I have a very important question to ask you. Would you like to be my girlfriend?" My heart practically jumps out of my chest, and I slightly lose my breath as I smile brightly at her. I quickly nod my head as I pull her in for a quick kiss before saying, "I'd love nothing more than to be your girlfriend Y/N."