Bonus #3: Carol

A/N: Okay so this chapter is going to be skipping around to different parts of the story but it will be showing Carol's experience throughout this whole ordeal!

----

Carol's POV

Three years ago...

After spending some time getting to know Y/N, I realized that she's a really cool girl and I've decided that I'm going to try asking her out today. I got to my intro to psychology class a little early since I know that Y/N likes to come early so that I can talk to her about maybe going out with me this Saturday. I plopped into my seat next to Y/N and smiled when I saw her playing a game on her phone while she waited for class to start. She looked up from her phone and smiled once she saw that it was me before looking back down at her phone and saying, "Hey Carol! What are doing here so early? Don't you normally like being fashionably late to class?" 

I let out a chuckle and roll my eyes at her as I say, "Ha. Ha. Very funny Y/LN. Actually, I wanted to ask you something so I decided to come early." Y/N smiles before turning off her phone to set it face down on the desk and looking over at me with an inquisitive look on her face before saying, "What's up?" My nerves slightly picked up so I took a small deep breath before answering, "So...I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out with me this Saturday? Maybe we could go watch a movie or go get something to eat?" Her smile falls slightly before she shoots me an apologetic look and says, "I'm sorry Carol but I can't. You're a really cool girl, but I'm kind of into someone else. I'd really like it if we could still be friends though!" 

My shoulders sag a bit in disappointment but I still send her a small smile and say, "Hey don't worry about it. Thanks for being honest and yes we can totally still be friends." She smiles brightly at me and says, "Again I'm really sorry, but I'm glad that we can still be friends. Thanks for being so cool Carol, you're a great person and I'm sure that you'll have no trouble finding someone who will treat you right." I simply nod my head and send her a smile in return. Well, that was a total bust. But at least we can still be friends, plus she's not wrong I'm a total catch so I'm not too worried.

The day before Nat and Tony's bet...

I'm currently sitting in a booth at the burger joint next to the university waiting for Monica to show up since she told me to meet her here since she had something that she wanted to talk to me about. Five minutes pass by before I hear the bell above the door ring and I look over to see Monica rushing inside before finally taking a seat in front of me as she shoots me a mischievous smile. "Okay, what gives? What did you wanna talk about with me and why are you looking at me like that?" I ask as I scrutinize her behavior but she simply laughs it off before finally opening her mouth to respond, "Okay so you remember way back when you asked Y/N out and she shot you down?" I roll my eyes at her and nod my head waiting for her to continue, "Okay and you know Wanda right?" I think for a moment and nod my head before saying, "The Sokovian brunette who has a twin and doesn't really like me all too much, right?" 

Monica laughs at the last part before nodding her head and saying, "That's the one! Okay well here's the deal, Wanda and Y/N have had feelings for each other for as long as they've been friends and that much has been obvious to everyone but them. For some reason, they both think that the other doesn't feel the same way and it's kind of sad, to be honest. Well the other day I was hanging out with Y/N and she was getting really down on herself for some reason, I hated seeing her like that so I've hatched a plan to help them get together!" I stay silent for a moment taking in what she's said before tilting my head in confusion and asking, "That's great and all Monica but what does that have to do with me?"