Ch. 13: Fight

Y/N's POV

I take off into a sprint down the beach to get farther away from the villa and quickly make my way toward the shore. I aggressively pull off my clothes before heading into the water and I swim as far out into the water as I can get. When I reach a good enough distance I dive down into the water and hold my breath for as long as I can before resurfacing.

God, I should've punched that fucking idiot right in his stupid smug face. He has some audacity to be looking that smug and then patting his legs like a fucking creep. I can't believe that I had to watch Wanda kiss that idiot! And then Tony's dumbass just had to fucking dare her to kiss him in the first place! I think to myself as I float in the water for a few seconds before huffing in frustration. Then I decide it would be a good idea to swim laps in the water for a while.

The water has always been my safe space to clear my head when I get too heated, so this is a very welcomed escape from what just happened. I spend a while in the water hoping that I could clear my head. However, it seems like the more that I try to clear my mind the more that I can't seem to shake off this awful feeling in my chest. I finally stop after the burning sensation in my arms gets to be too much. I look up into the sky only to realize that the sun is finally beginning to set and realize that I must have been out here for a few hours now.

I watch the sun get a bit lower into the sky before sighing and deciding that I should probably get out of the water before it gets too late. With a heavy sigh, I finally turn to head towards the shore. As I get closer to the shoreline, I see the silhouette of a person and somewhere deep down I hope that it is Wanda. But on the other hand, I also hope it's not her because I'm not sure I'm ready to face her again quite yet. Once I'm close enough I look up at their face and sigh in relief when I see Carol standing there with a small smile and a towel in hand.

I try to squeeze as much of the water out of my hair as soon as I reach the beach. I look up when I see Carol approaching me before she hands me the towel so that I can dry off. I smile gratefully at her and dry off as best as possible before walking over to my clothes. I put them back on over my swimming clothes before walking over and sitting on one of the nearby beach chairs and looking back at the sky.

Carol quietly follows after me and sits in the chair next to me and is silent for a moment before looking at me. "Are you okay?" I take a moment to think about how I should respond and sigh softly before glancing over at her. "No not really, I just had to watch Wanda kiss Tony's idiot brother. And I guess that I just needed a minute to myself you know." I look away from her and look back out into the sky to continue watching as the sun sets and she asks, "Well why did the kiss bother you so much?"

I am caught off guard by her question and quickly snap my head to look back over at her before looking down at my hands. I begin to nervously fiddle with my fingers. Why did the kiss bother me so much? When I really think about it, I know the answer to that question. I know I do, but it makes things so complicated if I admit it out loud. I look back over at her to see a gentle smile on her face and sigh heavily. "Do you want to hear the truth or what I should be saying instead?"

She chuckles softly and shakes her head at me in amusement causing a small smile to grow on my face as well. "You can tell me whatever you want to tell me. I'm not going to force you to be honest with me if you really don't want to, but I also want you to be honest with yourself for your own well-being." She shrugs her shoulders and simply smiles at me. I think over what she has just told me and remain silent for a few moments to gather my thoughts.

"It bothered me so much for a lot of different reasons if I'm honest. I didn't like how smug both Tony and Vision looked when Wanda got her dare. It bothered me that Wanda had to do a dare like that at all. It bothered me that she had to kiss him out of all people. It bothered me that I don't know how she felt about it and it bothers me that I don't know how she feels in general." Carol nods her head at me as she listens to me rant about all the reasons why the kiss between Wanda and Vision bothered me so much.