𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢 𝚂𝚒𝚡

Start from the beginning

You yelped when you heard the noise of the stone 'door' fold itself back over and close the only way back to the surface.

"Come now." Ayame urged, continuing to go down further. You continued to go down into the unknown world beneath which was waiting for you.

After walking in complete darkness with Ayame helping you walk and find your steps, you came to an opening which a little light shone through.

"You're gonna love this." She said. You raised a brow as she lead your through the opening.

You looked up and gasped in shock.

The ceiling of the large cavern was covered in millions of bright, glow worms. Beneath was a large lake and a long bridge to cross it. It was so surreal, you felt like you were walking in a dream. 

She led you across the stone bridge that was decorated with evergreen moss that dangled down towards the shimmering lake.

"What is this place?" You asked in complete awe.

"Those lights up there," She pointed up. "Those are called glow worms. So far, they have only been seen here in Japan."

"What's further down?" You questioned more as you proceeded to another narrow tunnel like the one before.

"It is where we all hide away. It's like another demon slayer corps. Down here, it's called Yugen Hall."

"What does 'Yugen' mean?"

"Hall of the Universe."

You took note of the name and continued down the tunnel, yet again, reaching the end of it.

Ayame stopped at the end of the tunnel as a gentle glow flickered from beyond. She turned towards you walking down the steps and a little smirk on her face.

"You think that back there was cool, well," she chuckled a bit before continuing. "You're in for a real treat here."

She went on past into the glowing end. You raised your eyebrow yet again in curiosity, edging closer to the opening.

You turned your head and walked out into the unknown and gasped once more, this time though, covering your mouth in shock at the pure beauty.

This looked like a whole other world that came out of a fantasy book. The walls of the large cave raven was covered in glow worms, the moon light shining through and reflecting on large waterfalls that spilled fresh water down into the lake below.

You looked up and saw a large building with intricate Japanese architecture in the distance. There was a bridge that spread far to the small island of rock and grass with cherry blossom trees that decorated all over. Along the wooden bridge was paper lanterns that glowed with a dim yet calm light with it.

The waterfalls splashing echoed throughout the large ravine along with clumps of moss and vines covering the walls of limestone. A thick smell of pine and earth, along with a hint of a floral smell.

The large building almost looked like a large castle with lights decorating it all over.

"Welcome to the 'Hall of the Universe'." Ayame motioned with her hand to the entire scene. You almost felt like crying.

"It's so beautiful." You replied in awe. There were no words to describe the absolute serenity and magnificence.

"It is, isn't it?" She smiled. She urged you to follow close by.

~ 1:31 ~

You followed her down the bridge that was made with cherry wood and finely polished, yet you didn't slip or slide from the moister in the air because of the waterfall. The paper lanterns had unique designs all over them. Many solid color vines as well as cherry blossom flowers that decorated the lanterns along the bridge.

Finally, getting off the bridge, she helped you down. You tilted your head upwards to see another flight of stairs going up to the tall and large castle. There were four large pillars at the very front with many intricate designs along either side of them, each one different, like scenes telling a story of some sort. You analyzed them, trying to figure out who and what the people along them are doing.

One showed a stone carving of a man pointing his sword downwards at the hilt, and as if staring at the carver of the picture. Below the sword were bodies of women and men that looked like demons.

You stared at the man above that has a long ponytail and pointing the sword downwards in the stone carving. Feeling a sense of knowing who it was, but at the same time, you didn't know.

"Y/n." Ayame called to you. You snapped from your thoughts and adjusted you line of sight to her. "You alright?"

"Yeah! Yeah I'm fine, I just—" you paused, looking up and around at the beautiful sight before you with the cherry blossom trees. "This place is amazing, but, why did you bring me here to talk to someone?"

"Y/n." She started. "This is a secret association. Much like the Demon Slayer Corps. But much more hidden, only the master and some of the Hashira's know of us, but that is all."

"This place has been here since demons had first started roaming the earth. We are the galactic breathers, and this is where we hide, too many of us out there could risk our exposure to the demons."

You nodded. Just like the Demon Slayer Corps. They have to keep hidden as well from demons. If they were found, they'd have no chance for asylum.

"You must understand the secrecy to our hiding. That is why your mother had never spoken to you about us."

"My mother?"

"Yes. She was a one of the galactic breathers too." She mentioned. "It's like I said, we know about you and your family. And how important you are to us."

You stayed silent.

"Come. Let us meet the head of the galactic breathers."