A Stormy Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

" Why ? " He asks , pulling the stool I was sitting on closer to him.

"Your dad gave me a job , remember ? "

" You can say no." Zander adds.

I'm pretty certain that I had signed somewhere in our marriage contract that I would work for the family business.

At first I just thought this marriage meant being Zander's spouse , but that was only surface level . It was inheriting something I wasn't entitled to or worked for - but was expected to build up on for future members of the Storm family.

" I can't say no . " I tell him.
" Not even for your hubby ? " Zander asks , making puppy eyes.

" Not even for you." I add.

I check my phone to see that my chances of being earlier were dwindling.

" See you later." I say to Zander , grabbing my bag to leave.

Suddenly , he holds onto my wrist and wraps himself around me .

"I want to tell you something very important." He says.

" Ok , tell me ." I urge him.
" Stay with m- "

The doorbell rings . " Don't answer ." Zander whisphers , his hand brushing my lips.

I push him away from me . " It's the polite to answer." I tell him from across the room.

The doorbell rings again , and open it to see his father standing outside.

"Goodmorning, sir." I greet him , making way for him to step inside.

Mr.Storm stands silent for the most part as his makes 360° turns scanning the living room and rent.

" Dad ?" Zander asks .

I speed walk to Zander , tying his robe . I am sure his father didn't appreciate his chest being out.

" At least Kai has some decency for the both of you." Mr.Storm replies.

" Good morning to you both." He says , sitting down.

" Dad , I could've taken Kai to work." Zanders says to his father.

"From your demeanor , I think the only place you want to take him is the bedroom."

I cough , choking on the spit welling up at my thoart at his response.

Zander rolls his eyes , sitting across from his dad.

"I would offer you something to drink , but I want this interaction to end as quickly as possible." Zander mumbles.

"Kai , lets go , I can speak to you in the car. Zander , I'll meet you for a round of golf tomorrow." Mr.Storm says , getting up.

" Bye ,again. " I tell Zander and follow his father out the door.

Trailing Mr.Storm outside the apartment building , there was man in a neat trousers and white shirt waiting on us.

"Kai , this is Anders. He'll take to school and , work from now on ." Mr.Storm says , gesturing to Anders.

Anders a man of short stature and sunken cheeks holds out his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you." I tell him , getting into the car.

***
Storm Clinicals was even grander than I expected, the building design seemed to have the of a hospital and regular office place in mind.